What's new
What's new

RFQ compression adjuster - 7075 Al turned part - 200 pieces

kreft

Plastic
This is a motorcycle suspension part. It's a turning with some milled features, ideal for a live tooled lathe or swiss-type lathe. The major diameter is just under 34mm. We need 200 pieces delivered bare (we will handle the anodizing). The price from our previous vendor was $13.10. If you would like to see a print, please email [email protected]. Thanks for your interest!

comp adjuster 2.jpg

comp adjuster 1.jpg

With no idea of tolerances, and in light of the price spike for Al, if you can get you old vendor to come near that price you're doing well. Will be curious if anyone comes close.

This job has been awarded. Thanks to all those who expressed interest in the work.

With no idea of tolerances, and in light of the price spike for Al, if you can get you old vendor to come near that price you're doing well. Will be curious if anyone comes close.

200 pc qty
1-3/8 round alum (even @ 7075)
You think that $13.10 is a tough mark to hit?
Sounds pretty high to me from just looking at the sketch.

---------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

200 pc qty
1-3/8 round alum (even @ 7075)
You think that $13.10 is a tough mark to hit?
Sounds pretty high to me from just looking at the sketch.

Look at the solid model. There's a lot more going on, that you can't see from the screenshots.

But it's moot now, since the job has been awarded :toetap:.

Regards.

Mike

I'm with Ox on this one, for 200 pcs of a little 1-3/8" diameter 7075 part, with a couple of threaded diameters and a bit of mill work, $13.10 each would be gravy here at the cathouse.

But of course my shop doesn't have to get $100/hour to stay afloat. We can machine production jobs at about half that rate, and still do well.

After all, we are in a very, very competitive industry.

ToolCat

I'm with Ox on this one, for 200 pcs of a little 1-3/8" diameter 7075 part, with a couple of threaded diameters and a bit of mill work, $13.10 each would be gravy here at the cathouse.

But of course my shop doesn't have to get $100/hour to stay afloat. We can machine production jobs at about half that rate, and still do well.

After all, we are in a very, very competitive industry.

ToolCat

Have you looked at the solid model and D&T drawing of this part?

Regards.

Mike

As I mentioned, I'm not a lathe guy, so this looks like a more expensive part to me even without knowing if there's any tight tolerance work on it. But if guys are able to make ~$13 work for 200pcs more power to them (I guess).

There are some fun surprises down in the bore, that you can't see from the screenshots. A lot of the cycle time will be spent there.

Regards.

Mike

Back