What's new
What's new

RFQ: High precision micro gears for micro-hydraulic pump

Kyrre

Plastic
Looking for someone to wire-edm gears and cavity-disc for a micro-hydraulic pump production.
Material would be tool steel that can be hardened to HRC 50-56.
Gear data is standard involute 5.5mm OD, 3mm ID (for hardened precision ground shaft), 2.00mm thickness.
Tolerances required is in the 5um range. A drawing of cavity disc would be provided. It is essentially a disc that hugs the two gears as they mesh, with a inlet and outlet expanded area. All machining would be straight through wire-EDM, no tilting necessary.
The important bit is the accuracy of the gear mesh and the OD of the teeth to the (smooth inner-) wall of the cavity.

I am interested in tolerances and cost for machining 50 or 100 gear pcs and half that number for the cavitys.
I would provide a quick dxf of the gear so you guys don't have to generate one but the zipped file is 98kb and somehow this forum has a limit of 97.3kb...
Instead I provide a rar'ed dxf that i put in a zip. (Sorry bout that.)

I have an idea in my head that stacking material could allow faster machining of the gears since most wire-EDM's work on a much higher thickness. Not sure how this affects precision though. Also sharp corners, lack of burrs is essential and why I am looking at EDM. The hobbed bolt and lathe cut slices done on current manufacturing causes a lot of burrs whos cleanup dulls edges.

Attachments

• HP_pump_gear_kyrre_dxf_rar.zip
    37.8 KB · Views: 38

Back