What's new
What's new

RFQ - Manual Transmission Hub and Slider.

bastarddsm

Aluminum
OEM has discontinued these, and we need to find someone to make them. Likely will need to be reverse engineered. Unsure on quantity. Probably 20-50 to start. Looking for a ballpark number from someone who can do these, so I can gauge interest. All I have for now is pictures.

Attachments

• hub.jpg
    hub.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 151
  • slider.jpg
    slider.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 151
I'm guessing that was a powder metal part when in production. Machining it will require either broaching, wire EDM, or some other trickery. Not to mention figuring out materials and H/T if needed.

List the transmission it came out of, maybe there's known replacements or workarounds.

Unfortunately there won't be a work around. Yes I am aware of aftermarket dog engagnement sets, but I'm trying to keep a street trans option alive. It's a Mitsubishi W5m33. I've thought about re-purposing another hub/slider from another application. but then we have nothing for the existing gears.

Call up AllTrans, err, Transtar. They are the largest distributor of transmission hard parts. Ever notice the "AT" stamped into almost all aftermarket hard parts?

For an investment around $30k you can have a whole bunch of anything you want. It won't be made in this country, but nor are any other commodity transmission hard parts.

Back