What's new
What's new

RFQ for milled aluminum parts

brianweldor

Cast Iron
I am in need of 8 aluminum milled logos for a local business. I had some made a couple years ago by another PM member, but I have been unable to get in touch with him.
I have the stl file ready, and would like to get them made within 4 weeks.

Attachments

• JL_logo.jpg
    JL_logo.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 446
Shouldn't irritate me, but it does.

Would be nice if the forum staff would impose a minimum post count in the RFQ section to dissuade people from joining just to solicit work.

Would be nice if the forum staff would impose a minimum post count in the RFQ section to dissuade people from joining just to solicit work.

So you are interested in providing a quote? Because I find it irritating when folks join in a thread just to complain but add nothing of value.

So you are interested in providing a quote? Because I find it irritating when folks join in a thread just to complain but add nothing of value.

Brian,

Sure, I'd love to help you out, but you never responded to the message I sent you last week.

I’m not afraid to say I joined to solicit work. I enjoy some of the banter, but I’m a hungry capitalist at heart.

Oh I love to complain..................

IMAO..............I too think there should be a minimum post count to the forum to got after some of the work posted here. I very rarely go after any jobs here, but I feel jokers joining up to poach work is a poke in the eye to our PM group..............:soapbox:

David,

The problem with a "minimum post count" is that it would prevent those who come on here for the first time to submit requests for help/RFQs from doing it. I don't see how you could block one without the other.

I don't know what the answer is but I agree that the clowns that sign up just to snipe work prospects are annoying.

JMHO

-Ron

David,

The problem with a "minimum post count" is that it would prevent those who come on here for the first time to submit requests for help/RFQs from doing it. I don't see how you could block one without the other.

I don't know what the answer is but I agree that the clowns that sign up just to snipe work prospects are annoying.

JMHO

-Ron

I know it would be hard to police..............

I post RFQ's once in a awhile, but cold day in hell I'd send off work to a guy on here with 3 posts all for snagging work....................I think folks don't realize how hard it is to find a good vendor. I've built some good relationships with others here on PM over the years even if it's only through a keyboard and a monitor. I can at least trust them to get work done on time and parts that pass QC......................but some fly-by-night from Timbuktu?.....................phhht:rolleyes5:

I look at it the same way with the machinery and tooling for sale forums..........I wouldn't buy from a low post count member(maybe one that has been on here for 5-10yrs). And low posters with only things for sale get a talkin' to............................

Timbuktu is pretty nice this time of year and there are less distractions to side track jobs.

I'm not in Timbuktu and I didn't realize that not posting (but reading to learn over the past year) would prevent me to throw my name in the ring for one job. Welcome to the community!

Back