What's new
What's new

RFQ: MoCu / WCu Machining Job

Recon-RF

Plastic
We're looking for a machinist/ machine shop that is capable of working with Mo85Cu15 and W90Cu10 to machine low qty (25-50) prototype plate parts. Dimensions ~2"x2"x1/8" w/ a small pedestal on top. Will provide material - haven't decided on which yet.

Drawing available upon request - exceeds 19.5kb file size limit.

- J. Ritter

Try Machinecraft NW in Lebanon OR. I'm not sure if they have experience with CuMo or CuW, but have used them with day job for Ti, BeCu parts, and they've done a great job supporting us for years with off the wall requests.

I'm guessing you are making some sort of die carrier? Plating will be the biggest issue.

Adding a further unsolicted comment :) I would definitely recommend CuMo vs CuW.You cannot xray a CuW part, so need to use CSAM which is slower, and nowhere near as clear as xray.

Matt

Last edited:
Tungsten blocks xrays - I'm not sure the physics behind it, but even thin CuW makes it impossible to see a solder joint in the type of xray used for semiconductor inspection.

(typical application of CuW is a base where the die is soldered down with gold tin solder - you want to ensure no voids exist in the solder, or at least voids in critical locations.)

Back