What's new
What's new

RFQ- MT#4 taper to B&S #9

jamesegg

Plastic
Looking for someone who can precision grind a B&S#9 taper from MT#4 taper ER collet holder.
I will supply the MT#4 collet holder. Need the runout to be less than .001.

Specs on the taper are as follows:
Taper Large End Small End Angle From Center
MT#4 1.2310 1.0200 1.4876
B&S#9 1.0775 0.9001 1.1955

Thank you

[not that I am interested]

Does the small end of the taper have a center in it?

I would ass_u_me that it does, just checking for anyone interested.

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Looking for someone who can precision grind a B&S#9 taper from MT#4 taper ER collet holder.
I will supply the MT#4 collet holder. Need the runout to be less than .001.

Specs on the taper are as follows:
Taper Large End Small End Angle From Center
MT#4 1.2310 1.0200 1.4876
B&S#9 1.0775 0.9001 1.1955

Thank you

Do you have the part number of the MT#4 to ER holder so I can get a better look at it ?? We can definitely quote this as we grind tapers every day for holders and custom tooling. A couple of possible concerns

1- as mentioned does it have centers so it can be held. Not a deal breaker if not we could add one.
2- is the MT#4 thru hardened or just case, if cheapo off shore I wold assume case which means you will need it re-hardened too I would imagine.

Also you are asking to have 0.120" - 0.150" ground off the OD that is a lot to grind. I would say we would probably rough cut it to +0.010" and then grind. Send me a PM or email with your anticipated budget if you would like and we can discuss.

Also you are asking to have 0.120" - 0.150" ground off the OD that is a lot to grind.

Send it! Plunge, dress, repeat X-times based on wheel width, then traverse grind. Gravy. Well, on a CNC it'd be gravy anyway. Would have more time into setting up to turn it, rather than plunging it off.

Back