What's new
What's new

RFQ Ø140mm Cylinder end / Clevis

tonymor

Aluminum
We're currently welding these and machining afterwards. Would much prefer to buy something machined from solid.
30pcs/month. We could buy 60/120pcs at a time.

Cylinder end is Ø140mm +-1. so I believe 5.5" bar would work.
Material 1018/1045 or something similar.

Hole is 2" +.005. 2 tapped holes either side 3/8-16 UNC

Preferably a shop not too far from South Central PA.

Cylinder End.JPGCylinder End 3.JPGCylinder End 2.JPG

Not sure that a print is needed for a quote for most folks, but they would need a length to figure from.

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

RFQ closed. I have gotten some good feedback that I won't get anywhere near my target price to make this work.
I'll just have to keep welding and post machining for now and look into forgings/casting down the road.

Thanks all.

Making that part from solid bar is going to eat up a lot of machine time. Could it be made as a weldment?

Making that part from solid bar is going to eat up a lot of machine time. Could it be made as a weldment?

Go back and read the OP's request..............................wants 'em from solid..............................

Wonderin' if'n they got 'em sourced and ball park $$$?

RFQ closed. I have gotten some good feedback that I won't get anywhere near my target price to make this work.
I'll just have to keep welding and post machining for now and look into forgings/casting down the road.

Thanks all.

----------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Kind of wonder what that target price is ?
And compared to the cost to burn, weld, anneal, and machine currently ?

Thanks all.

Did you honestly think that machining them from solid bar would come close to the price of fabricating them?

What about a casting? Not sure about the price per casting but for a 2 impression cope and drag pattern with moulding boxes you would be around $2400 USD without a core for the 2" hole. Adding a corebox would be around another $1000 for a cold box for hand coremaking or a simple core machine.
Without a core you would have draft on the faces between the flanges. I am assuming you have to machine that face anyways.

Last edited:

Back