What's new
What's new

RFQ One-off Small threaded steel part (barrel nut)

ChrisMiedel

Plastic
Quote accepted. RFQ closed. Thank you!

First post and serious apologies for bad/incorrectly expressed information. I need to make a new barrel nut for a Ruger Precision Rifle.

I'm looking for a steel part much like (not exactly the same as) the picture attached. Material choice is flexible but needs to hold 40 pounds of torque and not change much with heat. Preferably made out of stainless (recommendations accepted) but I'd take any steel that will hold.

Dimensions:
0.64" tall
Outer Threads: 1.250 x 18

Inner Threads I can't say for certain but they need to thread onto the following:
1.0 – 16 UN3A (this may just be it - I'm sooper dum about this stuff)
MAJ: 1.0 - .9906
Pitch: .9594 - .9557
Minor: .9255 Min

The hex on the top measures 1.095" across the flat but it doesn't really matter as long as I have a flat surface to grab onto and the threads protrude past any edge so I could thread on from either side

The height of the Hex is 0.29" leaving 0.35" of thread on the outside however, there is a smooth section at the base of the threads as you can see in picture 2 (I'm sure it has a term) that's 0.05" tall.

So, I apologize again for bad terminology and descriptions but I'm sure this is a part that a machinist could crush.

Additionally, a crows foot wrench that is no more than 0.29" thick with a 3/8 cutout for a torque wrench that fits the hex/flat part and doesn't fold like a bad poker hand would be extremely beneficial too.

Thank you!

Untitled-1.jpg
sdff.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately no. Ruger will not sell their barrel nut and this one (a custom one) is no longer being manufactured. It's a really stupid situation I would absolutely avoid if possible.

The better way to let everyone know you dont need this anymore would be to also make a new post saying so. Sometimes the first post is not re read if someone read it before....

You can't be serious, this thread is a month old.The OP coming back and saying the job was awarded is better than most do.

You can't be serious, this thread is a month old.The OP coming back and saying the job was awarded is better than most do.

I realize that. It is easy to scan over text to look at pics or drawings, I missed it, maybe because it is same bold font as the title so brain just automatically dismissed it? IDK.

Back