What's new
What's new

RFQ: Prototype Crank Shaft - QTY 1 - Steel or Stainless

J Gilles

Cast Iron
RFQ: Prototype - QTY 1 - Steel or Stainless

I'm working on a personal project that requires a prototype part. Here is a link to the google drive with Solidworks files, Step file, and drawing. Quantity is 1 and material can be any alloy steel or stainless. If you've got a remnant left over that would be perfect. Strength won't be an issue as it's already oversized and mainly built around the other components I already have on hand.

If you want to add holes or other features to help with fixturing, just let me know I can see if it will work.

Thanks,
Jake

Edit: Changing design and will come back with an updated version that's cheaper/easier to machine.

Attachments

• D200-002 Rev A.JPG
    D200-002 Rev A.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Not really. It's a small crank under 3" long that will mount on a gear motor for a health care application. 3/4" bore with a keyway on the motor side and a 10mm offset boss for a tie rod end.

I think the term "crankshaft" in the title may make some think different that what you need here if not paying attention to the print.
It was the first thing I thought and then....:wall: and:dopeslap:
Bob

I think the term "crankshaft" in the title may make some think different that what you need here if not paying attention to the print.
It was the first thing I thought and then....:wall: and:dopeslap:
Bob

I guess it's closer to a crank, than a crank shaft. That's just what popped into my head when I first drew it. Updated the title.

If you can live with a pressed in crank pin might be doable. If you want it all from one piece it will be expensive.
Bob

If you can live with a pressed in crank pin might be doable. If you want it all from one piece it will be expensive.
Bob

This is a great suggestion. I might be able to change it to use a 10mm pull out dowel pin and use the threads for retaining the tie rod end.

I'm going to close this out for now and go back to the drawing board.

This is a great suggestion. I might be able to change it to use a 10mm pull out dowel pin and use the threads for retaining the tie rod end.

I'm going to close this out for now and go back to the drawing board.

I’m not understanding why this would be a difficult part to make. This thing can be made pretty easily as one part and should not be very expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not understanding why this would be a difficult part to make. This thing can be made pretty easily as one part and should not be very expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No shit. Looking at the drawing that is dirt simple. 2 ops on a VMC and a small keyway broach.

Final update for me.

Ended up finding a fadal 4020 for a screaming deal, so I'm just going to make this part and the rest for this project myself.

Back