What's new
What's new

RFQ: QTY 100 Steel Turned Parts

robbar10

Plastic
I am looking for a quote for 100 of the attached parts shipped to 48185. This part is a wire rope guide. It can be made from whatever low carbon steel you stock. I made them from DOM tube last order. A36, 1018, 11L17 12L14 etc. will be fine. Include a line item for hardening if you have a relationship with one; otherwise, I will send them for hardening myself. CAD and DWG available. Hardness and tolerance specs are on the drawing. Looking for about 2 week ARO.

Please PM quotes to me.

Drawing linked below:
Fusion

I will select a source for these parts sometime tomorrow if anyone else is still interested in quoting.

I'd be curious also, something tells me it was far less than I would go :popcorn:

I would be willing to venture a guess that the price for fairly simple jobs has dropped substantially due to Covid. Someone who had too many customers in hard hit sectors is going to be desperate for work.

I would be willing to venture a guess that the price for fairly simple jobs has dropped substantially due to Covid. Someone who had too many customers in hard hit sectors is going to be desperate for work.

I looked and was going to quote it but the one machine I have available is full of brass chips. I dont have time to clean it out for this job. I am pretty busy anyway. Its not a money maker. might be 150-200 bucks to whoever does it with 400-500 in costs.

I looked and was going to quote it but the one machine I have available is full of brass chips. I dont have time to clean it out for this job. I am pretty busy anyway. Its not a money maker. might be 150-200 bucks to whoever does it with 400-500 in costs.

At a quick glance I would figure 4 hours start to finish to have it in a box ready for shipping and $80 for solid material. $200 would get you about $30 an hour. I did not quote either. I mix steel and brass chips all the time, because it all goes in the trash. The local scrap yard for some reason only takes aluminum turnings.

At a quick glance I would figure 4 hours start to finish to have it in a box ready for shipping and $80 for solid material. $200 would get you about $30 an hour. I did not quote either. I mix steel and brass chips all the time, because it all goes in the trash. The local scrap yard for some reason only takes aluminum turnings.

I think I had material at $150 and 40/hr with setup charges. Probably 400 on my end.

I average .75-1.00 lb for brass turnings and the few bar ends that go with it. I bring it with me when I am going near the scrap yard and get 60-100 bucks for a 20 gallon tote.

I think I had material at $150 and 40/hr with setup charges. Probably 400 on my end.

I average .75-1.00 lb for brass turnings and the few bar ends that go with it. I bring it with me when I am going near the scrap yard and get 60-100 bucks for a 20 gallon tote.

$1.20 a pound for brass here, solids only. Steel yards here have a very limited selection, but they do have 12L14 at a good price.

Back