What's new
What's new

RFQ - Screw/Swiss/Turning

pmcbh

Plastic
Part can be viewed at:
Dropbox

I order 600 pcs every 5-6 months. Please quote the first order at 677 pcs. I've been getting these made at a local swiss shop that is closing, so I need to look elsewhere, and they shorted me 77 pcs on last order.

Here are some answers to questions that are likely to arise:
Shipping/Packaging - I prefer to receive these in boxes with (300) pieces, so two boxes each order. This way, 300 pieces will fit in a 1 gallon ziplock bag put into a 6"x6"x6" box. Just please spray some WD-40 (or eq.) into the bag just before shipping.

Corner radius - 1/64" Max.

Turned OD or mill finish - Both are acceptable.

Tolerances - +/-0.003"

Material - Any carbon steel will work, including free machining alloys.

Payment terms - I can pay with CC, but typically pay with check.

Correspondence - Please email me at [email protected]

You guys are hilarious. The OP even included a separate line providing concise instructions about how to contact him, and you both chose to ignore it. Great start fellas. :rolleyes5:

Survival of the fittest....:skep:

Attachments

• CriticalThinking.jpg
    CriticalThinking.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
What is more foolish is those that continue to post "PM sent." Just in case the OP is not aware of the private message system, only one person needs to do that, yet many RFQ threads will get a half dozen or more. All the others are just bumping the thread. I am pretty sure if you bid the job you don't want to keep it on the top of the thread list for all to see.

What is more foolish is those that continue to post "PM sent." Just in case the OP is not aware of the private message system, only one person needs to do that, yet many RFQ threads will get a half dozen or more. All the others are just bumping the thread. I am pretty sure if you bid the job you don't want to keep it on the top of the thread list for all to see.

"Free advertising"...note most that do this, have post counters at single digits.

"Free advertising"...note most that do this, have post counters at single digits.

If they aren't posting a link and using a screen name how does that work for advertising? Your theory does make sense for the clowns that post their e-mail address asking for 3D models to quote a washer.

If they aren't posting a link and using a screen name how does that work for advertising? Your theory does make sense for the clowns that post their e-mail address asking for 3D models to quote a washer.

They expect YOU to PM them.

"Any way possible to get the name out there" If it involves you seeing their
posting, and then PM'ing them for a contact, so be it.

It is an avenue to be exploited.

Wow guys! This "clown" made an honest mistake. I'm sure none the folks in here that are beating this dead horse have ever done that. And yes, this clown has single digit posts. That's because I have more important things to do than sit around posting on forums all day long...like making parts and quoting jobs. Now, if we are all done beating this dead horse, this clown has to get back to work. Oh yes..whoops again for bumping the post...again... Good day fellas!:cheers:

Wow guys! This "clown" made an honest mistake. I'm sure none the folks in here that are beating this dead horse have ever done that. And yes, this clown has single digit posts. That's because I have more important things to do than sit around posting on forums all day long...like making parts and quoting jobs. Now, if we are all done beating this dead horse, this clown has to get back to work. Oh yes..whoops again for bumping the post...again... Good day fellas!:cheers:

I certainly wasn't making fun of you, especially not the last post, just point out
why some people post the way they do.

You seem to be here to take without contributing, and when called out on it cop an attitude. Nice, as the people across the pond say, piss off!

You seem to be here to take without contributing, and when called out on it cop an attitude. Nice, as the people across the pond say, piss off!

I shouldn't even dignify this with a response, but the last time I checked, this specific forum is for those looking to source work. As a business owner, I come here to look for work to quote. If that means I am taking without contributing to other areas of the forum, so be it. Business is business. As for copping an attitude, you are the one who told me to "piss off". That is downright rude. I will now go crawl back under the rock from which I came, and continue quoting and winning work from this forum without you even knowing where it went. Have a nice day!:cheers:

Thank you to all who have quoted. I have ordered these from a Practical Machinist forum company. Have a great weekend everyone.

If that means I am taking without contributing to other areas of the forum, so be it. Business is business.

Go somewhere else.......................

38576241595_467008efce.jpg

Back