What's new
What's new

RFQ: six acrylic blocks, cut, polished, with holes

MStock

Plastic
I am looking to have six acrylic blocks made; they will be mounting brackets for glass slab artwork. The renderings below are of a 30" long piece of similar design.

Overall size each is 19.5"x2"x1.5" (not 30" like in the rendering). That typically means starting with a rectangular cast acrylic block; cast acrylic being easier to machine than extruded, as I've learned. I can ship the acrylic to your location if necessary. A PDF drawing of the desired uniform cross-section is attached.

Three holes need to be drilled (no need for threading) in each piece, as I plan to use standard drywall anchors and screws w/washers to attach the mounts to the wall. Holes should be in the middle, and 2" from each end.

I'd need them delivered to California in about 2 weeks (end of November). I will get precise dates shortly.

Any questions, comments, or quotes can be sent to me at markjstock (at) gmail or posted on this thread, or via messaging on this site. Thank you.

ICmount_fullBar.jpg View attachment WallMountXSection_v4.pdf

More details:

I do not currently have stock, though I have identified several vendors for 1.5"x12"x24" cast blocks that I have shipped to your shop. If you have a local vendor that you'd like to deal with instead, I'm OK with that as long as the cost is in line with what I've found.

The drawings show a top, asymmetric (flat front, angled back) groove that needs to be milled to hold the artwork. This is the only part of the piece that requires some precision, as the glass that is to fit it is 3/8" thick with a sub-mm bevel. It is marked as 3/8" wide at the bottom of the groove, but can be 3/8" [+1/32" -0"].

All sides need to be polished (heat polishing is fine) except for the inside of the drilled holes and the bottom and back of the groove.

The drilled holes are ID 3/16" and OD 3/8", now reflected on the updated drawing.

View attachment WallMountXSection_v5.pdf

I just sent you an email.

Thanks --

** I see there is additional info you just posted, which might bear on what I sent to you.

Last edited:
Thank you if you submitted bids, my short time frame made it difficult. I chose a vendor and am proceeding.

Back