What's new
What's new

RFQ: small 4140 ht parts needed 350 total

momalley4211

Plastic
I'm looking for someone who is interested in taking on some parts that I need made. There are 7 different size parts but they all similar features. I need a quote on 50 of each size. These will nee to be sanded and buffed once I receive them so mill finish on any of the flat faces is perfectly fine. These are low tolerance I just need the surface finish on the rounded feature to be pretty good. Nothing crazy as I said they'll be finished out here.

I need them made in 4140 HT. 7 different parts 50 ea total 350 parts. I will need more at some point as well as larger sizes made later. My email is [email protected] Please feel free to ask me any questions. We are looking to have an order placed by the end of August and completed by the end of September.

Here is a link to the dropbox I couldn't figure out how to upload directly here

Dropbox - .step - Simplify your life

here is a sample image of one of the models.

unnamed.jpg

Thank You!

I'm looking for someone who is interested in taking on some parts that I need made. There are 7 different size parts but they all similar features. I need a quote on 50 of each size. These will nee to be sanded and buffed once I receive them so mill finish on any of the flat faces is perfectly fine. These are low tolerance I just need the surface finish on the rounded feature to be pretty good. Nothing crazy as I said they'll be finished out here.

I need them made in 4140 HT. 7 different parts 50 ea total 350 parts. I will need more at some point as well as larger sizes made later. My email is [email protected] Please feel free to ask me any questions. We are looking to have an order placed by the end of August and completed by the end of September.

Here is a link to the dropbox I couldn't figure out how to upload directly here

Dropbox - .step - Simplify your life

here is a sample image of one of the models.

View attachment 295471

Thank You!
One of the files on the link i posted before was bad. Here is the new link with the proper #3 file

Dropbox - Hammering iron step - Simplify your life

I am not interested in mill work, but please give heightened consideration for contributing members, who are willing to share and help others, not those that just show up here trying to score work. They care about their reputation and are a good bet to deliver, as promised.

If that's a jab toward me, message me and I'll give you a list of PM members I have done work for in the past few years. I visit from time to time to gather knowledge and offer a quote when it's appropriate. I suppose I could comment on every post that comes up in order to increase my post count. :)

If that's a jab toward me, message me and I'll give you a list of PM members I have done work for in the past few years. I visit from time to time to gather knowledge and offer a quote when it's appropriate. I suppose I could comment on every post that comes up in order to increase my post count. :)

I guess the words contributing members went right over your head. :rolleyes5:

No but when I have something that I can make a decent contribution to I most certainly will. Both my machines are HAAS and although I watch that forum closely, there never seems to be a topic I can offer much insight to that has not already been said. A lot of topics under CNC Machining don't apply. I suppose I could jump on the CAD CAM discussion about how bad Fusion 360 is but why beat a dead horse. I can't remember the last time I saw a post about injection mold building. There's something I may be able to offer some insight. Until then, why don't we let this guy get back to getting some assistance on filling his order.

No but when I have something that I can make a decent contribution to I most certainly will. Both my machines are HAAS and although I watch that forum closely, there never seems to be a topic I can offer much insight to that has not already been said. A lot of topics under CNC Machining don't apply. I suppose I could jump on the CAD CAM discussion about how bad Fusion 360 is but why beat a dead horse. I can't remember the last time I saw a post about injection mold building. There's something I may be able to offer some insight. Until then, why don't we let this guy get back to getting some assistance on filling his order.

I would like someone to start a plastic injection molding thread.
Please consider taking some time, and write up some of your knowledge.

No need to wait for a question, just start a new thread "Some info on making plastic injection molds"

Hopefully, others will join in, and add to your thread.

Thanks everyone for the quotes. This job has been awarded. There were a lot of competitive offers on this. I will certainly keep those who took the time to send me a quote in mind for any other work I will have in the future.

Thank you!

Back