What's new
What's new

RFQ: Small rubber gaskets. Possible hobby laser?

rbmgf7

Aluminum
Need a quote for these funky gaskets that are wipers for a splined shaft.

Quantity: 36

Material: Rubber. I got the 6" x 6" x 1/16" rubber sheets from the hardware store in the plumbing aisle but after I cut one, I'd rather have someone cut these for me. That material is perfect for my application.

I saw online people using powerful hobby lasers to cut the same exact material. Figure someone who tinkers with one might be up for the job.

Not the best drafter. PDF is too big to attach. Have the DXF as well to send. It's a mix of standard and metric.

TRWPR.jpg

Tolerance

Material: Rubber. I got the 6" x 6" x 1/16" rubber sheets from the hardware store in the plumbing aisle but after I cut one, I'd rather have someone cut these for me. That material is perfect for my application.

I saw online people using powerful hobby lasers to cut the same exact material. Figure someone who tinkers with one might be up for the job.

Not the best drafter. PDF is too big to attach. Have the DXF as well to send. It's a mix of standard and metric.

View attachment 319915

I don't have a laser, but that 4 digits to the right of the decimal place are going to make these completely unavailable or very expensive.

Every digit to the right of the decimal raises the price 10x.

Figure out the tolerance.

CarlBoyd

View attachment 319915

Sent PM to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could LASER or waterjet cut gaskets for you but would certainly need to know what kind of tolerances are needed. Are the wipers wiping oil/grease or something else?

Back