What's new
What's new

RFQ Thread adapters

wolfenstien

Aluminum
Please quote qty 1,20,100, 500

Material is 4140 hex bar stock. Pre-hard preferred.

Threaded holes would benefit from being form tapped but can live with cut taps.

looking for good cosmetics, no burrs, with a final black oxide finish.

Please quote complete shipped to 04091

Let me know if you have any questions

Adapter .625X.5.jpg

Adapter .625X.3125.jpg

Hmm,
Just realizing these dwg jpegs suck. The file uploader keeps saying my pdfs are to big (19Kb max) Is there a good file type that works best?

Last edited:
Not quotin'...........just sayin 4140 hex prehard might not be readily available.............

Last time I was buying it 4140 hex in annealed was getting rare and pricey. I have a long hex headed bolt I have made out of 3/4" 4140 hex ann for almost 10 years. It went from $1 a pound in stock in various places to $4 a pound and 12 week lead time in a matter of a half dozen years. I started making them out of round and milling the heads a couple years ago.

Good to know. If I can't get a decent source I guess I'll have to consider changing to round stock. I might be able to get away with a knurl, but two milled wrench flats would probably work fine/better too.

Thanks for information.

Last time I was buying it 4140 hex in annealed was getting rare and pricey. I have a long hex headed bolt I have made out of 3/4" 4140 hex ann for almost 10 years. It went from $1 a pound in stock in various places to $4 a pound and 12 week lead time in a matter of a half dozen years. I started making them out of round and milling the heads a couple years ago.

Same here. IIRC 5/8 4140 hex. Either no one had it or it was $$$$$$.

Back