What's new
What's new

RFQ or tip for source 2 x 8 hydraulic cyl

welderboy250

Aluminum
I myself am currently working on a quote for some loader attachment hydraulic parts. I’m in need of a source for economically priced clevis style hydraulic cylinders. 2” bore 8” stroke 1.125 rod 1” clevis pin. Potentially 40 pcs/month. South central PA

All the snow plow angle cylinders I’ve been around are tang end but thanks for your response. Regardless I’m still looking for a good source.

Bailey

You have not stated where you have looked. We assume you have typed "hydraulic cylinder" into the search engine of your choice.

You write "economical". Does that mean you want the stuff from Asia?

half price and worth every penny

Good assumption. I don’t want the stuff to have to be from anywhere but right here in the USA but it has already been explained to me that this is price point business. If I want the sale I will have to supply stuff that is cheap regardless of quality or location of origin.

I have found Delavan PML2008 for ~65 plus 10 shipping best option so far.

How do I get a price from Bailey?

The prices advertised by both Bailey and Magister are not competitive. These are definitely going to have to cost me less than $100/pc in order for my price to be competitive with the others.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately just more non competitive prices and most of the listings were out of stock at that.

Make your own cylinders and see how competitive you can be, that's my advice. If you can't be competitive within your price range, maybe you should rethink your target customer and their budgets.

I cannot compete with even the highest prices I have seen advertised for a cylinder like this. Cylinder manufacturing is not my area of expertise. There are some other things I can do where I am very competitive with my prices. The components I’m looking for are available in the price range I need. I’m just seeking the best source to work with.

If you're quoting for a project where you're expected to buy and hold inventory, be sure to include verbiage in the contract that if it's pulled the originating company is required to buy all inventory you've paid for.

Otherwise you can get royally screwed if they go elsewhere to save a buck a unit. Watch your back...

Back