What's new
What's new

RFQ - Tube Inserts + Bearing Shaft

jlangholzj

Plastic
All,

Looking for a quote on the attached. Quantities, materials, and tolerances listed in the title block on each sheet. Majority of the parts are A36 or similar mild steel. I'd like 4130 for the bearing shafts but would be open to suggestions.

These are for a personal project, so no future runs of extended quantity expected. I'd really enjoy making them myself (god its been forever though) but I don't currently have access to a lathe. I tried to annotate and dimension appropriately but please let me know if something needs clarification. Additionally, outside of the bearing inner/outer race there's some creative freedom, so if there's a modification that would make your job easier or the quote more enticing, please feel free to comment.

thanks.

Attachments

• 675DOM_049_RE_insert.jpg
    675DOM_049_RE_insert.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 262
  • 750DOM_049_RE_insert.jpg
    750DOM_049_RE_insert.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 244
  • 1000DOM_095_RE_insert.jpg
    1000DOM_095_RE_insert.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 235
  • 68_must_UCA_rollershaft.jpg
    68_must_UCA_rollershaft.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 314
  • 68_must_UCA_rollerhousing.jpg
    68_must_UCA_rollerhousing.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 234
Unless your parts are doing something extra fancy I would make from 1045. 1045 is common as dirt, cheap and machines much nicer than 1018.

4130 is not so common. 4340, 8620 and tradename stuff is common, but spensiver.

All,

Looking for a quote on the attached. Quantities, materials, and tolerances listed in the title block on each sheet. Majority of the parts are A36 or similar mild steel. I'd like 4130 for the bearing shafts but would be open to suggestions.

These are for a personal project, so no future runs of extended quantity expected. I'd really enjoy making them myself (god its been forever though) but I don't currently have access to a lathe. I tried to annotate and dimension appropriately but please let me know if something needs clarification. Additionally, outside of the bearing inner/outer race there's some creative freedom, so if there's a modification that would make your job easier or the quote more enticing, please feel free to comment.

thanks.

Greetings jlangholzj,
We would be happy to make these parts for you. The price would be $600.00 USD with shipping included. Lead Time of 2 weeks. The parts you requested from 4130, we would make from 4140 instead. This will perform equally good and is more cost effective. And the other parts would be made from A36 as requested. We do excellent work at a competitive price.
Thanks for your time,
Kevin@Centurial
016.JPG

Hello tay2daizzo8,
I didn't have any intention of being a poacher. Just looking to be more productive with my machines. Everyone needs to make a living and I'm not trying to steal other peoples work, but that is kinda the point of bidding. I totally understand if someone would prefer to go with an established forum member over a newb. Sorry if i'm stepping on toes.:confused:

Unless your parts are doing something extra fancy I would make from 1045. 1045 is common as dirt, cheap and machines much nicer than 1018.

4130 is not so common. 4340, 8620 and tradename stuff is common, but spensiver.

Garwood, thanks for the insight. I'm not strong on material choice, which is why I wanted to preface the RFQ pretty open ended; all of "mild" parts are pretty non-critical and loads should be well within the "typical" 200GPa for steel.

Same goes for the follow-up from you and folks on the 4130/4140. I should have just been more vague and said "chromoly or equivalent". Intent was that I wanted something with a higher yield strength for those parts due to higher cyclic loading.

Same goes for the follow-up from you and folks on the 4130/4140. I should have just been more vague and said "chromoly or equivalent". Intent was that I wanted something with a higher yield strength for those parts due to higher cyclic loading.

The 41xx part might benefit from having a radius transition on the .787" shaft diameter. If this is for a Mustang front suspension (implied by the drawing name), you'll have cyclic impact loading whenever the car is going over bumps, so having a sharp edge there isn't ideal. The bearing should have a standard ID chamfer, you can make the radius up to that size.

Back