What's new
What's new

RFQ Turning Job

Fal Grunt

Titanium
Have a turning job I would like to get some quotes for. Part is for a product currently in development. I used to have an excellent local shop that did all my turning, they were bought out by a holding company, moved, and have disappeared. I do not do CNC turning, so I am looking for someone to establish a long term relationship that can handle my turning work. My turning experience is limited to tool & die work, 99% of it was rough turn soft, hard turn for finish, holding tenths, so I need someone that is willing to ask questions and offer input.

Part is a turned blank roughly 1 1/4 8620, about 4 1/2" long. Surface finish and straightness are important. There are several milling operations to be completed after turning the blank. If you have a Y axis lathe or similar and are interested in quoting the completed part, I can provide a model and blueprints once the development is finished for quoting.

Quote will be for 5 pcs which I am looking to be made currently. I would also like a quote of 25,50, and 100 pcs, to be used for production planning.

Please PM me your email address and I will email you the blueprint.

I am closing this currently. I have had an excellent response and want to thank ALL of you that contacted me. I appreciate everyone that gave input and am going to try to decide this week who I will select.

I almost sent them the print to quote just out of curiosity what they would price it at. Of course, the print specifies that material must be US steel.... so that would be interesting as well :D

IF I missed anyone, and you had previously contacted me, please LET ME KNOW.

Thanks

Back