RFQ Turning Job
Close
Login to Your Account

Thread: RFQ Turning Job

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default RFQ Turning Job

Have a turning job I would like to get some quotes for. Part is for a product currently in development. I used to have an excellent local shop that did all my turning, they were bought out by a holding company, moved, and have disappeared. I do not do CNC turning, so I am looking for someone to establish a long term relationship that can handle my turning work. My turning experience is limited to tool & die work, 99% of it was rough turn soft, hard turn for finish, holding tenths, so I need someone that is willing to ask questions and offer input.

Part is a turned blank roughly 1 1/4 8620, about 4 1/2" long. Surface finish and straightness are important. There are several milling operations to be completed after turning the blank. If you have a Y axis lathe or similar and are interested in quoting the completed part, I can provide a model and blueprints once the development is finished for quoting.

Quote will be for 5 pcs which I am looking to be made currently. I would also like a quote of 25,50, and 100 pcs, to be used for production planning.

Please PM me your email address and I will email you the blueprint.

2. Likes Quadjay liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tried messaging you. Your inbox is full.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

cleared space!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cymanufacturing View Post
    not sure why I can't PM you.

pls send the print to [email protected]

our website is CNC machining, rapid prototyping & Injection moulding | CY manufacturing
    I'm pretty sure he is not going to china for 5 pieces.
    I doubt he would go to china for 5000 pieces either when there are plenty capable shops here on PM and the states, but that is speculation on my part...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am closing this currently. I have had an excellent response and want to thank ALL of you that contacted me. I appreciate everyone that gave input and am going to try to decide this week who I will select.

I almost sent them the print to quote just out of curiosity what they would price it at. Of course, the print specifies that material must be US steel.... so that would be interesting as well

IF I missed anyone, and you had previously contacted me, please LET ME KNOW.

Thanks