What's new
What's new

RFQ: wood CNC for storage unit

davemartens

Plastic
I have a wood CNC project that I seek help with. The project is for creating the vertical and horizontal supports for the storage unit shown in the attached images. I can create the backing piece and already have the shelf inserts (the smaller 5x5 pieces that get inserted into the slots within the vertical supports).

I also have STEP files that describe the project (in the Components.zip file).

I would like these quantities of each component: A (4x), B (12x), C (12x), D (4x) and horizontal (8x). I would need you to supply the wood. I don't have a strong preference on wood type but a choice that balances strength, cost and appearance would be fine (this is a project for my workshop).

Please let me know if you can help with this project and give me a ballpark sense for the cost. Shipping would be to Corte Madera, CA (Northern CA).

Thanks, Dave

Attachments

• Components.zip
    77.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Disk Holder2.jpg
    Disk Holder2.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 143
  • Disk Holder.jpg
    Disk Holder.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 116
There are around 700 individual cuts involved in making 4X of these units. Why would I punish a cabinet maker, who has done nothing wrong to me, in that way?

Why not simply put it out for bid ?

Why doo you consider it punishment ?

If you make all the shelf cuts before you cut the sides to size, it's far fewer individual cuts.

You can buy basic mail sorters for $NotVeryMuch currently, too.

Back