What's new
What's new

Shop Looking for CNC Mill work

Erstwhile

Aluminum
One man shop looking for a little fill in work, Capabilities: 3 axis Cnc Mill travel 43"x24"x20", manual milling and turning, surface grinding, heat treating and light welding. Feel free to respond below or send a message, Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

One man shop looking for a little fill in work, Capabilities: 3 axis Cnc Mill travel 43"x24"x20", manual milling and turning, surface grinding, heat treating and light welding. Feel free to respond below or send a message, Thanks.

Texas is a big state, where are you located.
Are you good for machining magneisum ?

Texas is a big state, where are you located.
Are you good for machining magneisum ?
Never machined any mag before but I'm not opposed to it. I'm located about 1 1/2 hours north of dfw

Magnesium is easy to machine, I would liken it to 7075 aluminum. It is the fear of fire that takes a special expensive extinguisher to put out that stops a lot of people from wanting to work with it. Years ago I rolled the dice and ran a couple jobs without buying the fire extinguisher, nothing ever caught fire. I just cleaned the chip pan out more frequently than I normally would.

Magnesium is easy to machine, I would liken it to 7075 aluminum. It is the fear of fire that takes a special expensive extinguisher to put out that stops a lot of people from wanting to work with it. Years ago I rolled the dice and ran a couple jobs without buying the fire extinguisher, nothing ever caught fire. I just cleaned the chip pan out more frequently than I normally would.
Do you run coolant on it or machine it dry?

Word of advice, Class D extinguishers don't work for other types of combustion events, and they barely work on combustible metal fires. All our Swiss machines had built in fire suppression systems running halocarbon? gas systems. But then again, titanium chips, hot oil, and BeCu dust are a nasty combination to catch on fire, worth any cost to keep that from happening. For normal purposes, magnesium is not easy to ignite.

Actually machines better than Aluminum, The problem with those SPECIAL extinguisher is they have some type of salt base and that crap gets airborn and settles over every surface and in a matter of hours you wild have a rust layer over all the nice shiny metal. (Ask me how I know)

Keeping the pan clear of chips is vital we have a few fires but they don't excite us anymore.
Never had any sparks or fires on the mill, have no idea why.
We have adjusted our methods on how we cut it.

Actually machines better than Aluminum, The problem with those SPECIAL extinguisher is they have some type of salt base and that crap gets airborn and settles over every surface and in a matter of hours you wild have a rust layer over all the nice shiny metal. (Ask me how I know)

Keeping the pan clear of chips is vital we have a few fires but they don't excite us anymore.
Never had any sparks or fires on the mill, have no idea why.
We have adjusted our methods on how we cut it.
I'll pm you my email, im intrested in doing the work

Back