What's new
What's new

Steel Bushings

DanMorrison

Plastic
OD = 0.435"
ID = 0.343 +-0.001"
Length = 1.200"

Material - Steel, must be lead free. Preferably with a good machinability, as I will be drilling and tapping these parts in my shop.

Tolerances - +-0.005", except for the ID which should be +-0.001".

Machine finish. All edges deburred.

Quotes for quantities of 100, 500, 1000.

I have included images of the intended application for the part. Note that the part pictured here has had some hand work done to it that I am doing in my own shop. This will include drilling five evenly spaced holes and tapping for 1-72 brass screws.

If desired, please feel free to include an additional quote which includes the drilling and tapping of these holes so that I can decide if it would be less cost effective to do these steps in my own shop.

044a8wX.jpg

vspizzX.jpg

YmtDkkS.jpg

XpN7es6.jpg

VeOjg2e.jpg

Larger version of drawing available if requested.

Thank you!

-Dan Morrison

Dan, that's a very nice write up, a good drawing and pictures.

Those tapped holes, If some one was running these on a swiss, they may
be able to put those in for you, the part would drop off complete.

I could do sub 2 minutes in an old CNC lathe. A Swiss should be around 45 seconds or less.

I am not bidding as my live tooled CNC Swiss needs a chip programmed and I can't find the needed info. Anyway I seriously doubt the tooling would last too long running at 45 seconds if you could make even one. Spot, drill, tap x 5 is 15 indexes, retracts and approaches. Since you aren't bidding your comment is pretty much stabbing who ever bids in the back, the customer now thinks he should get these at $1 a piece.

Since you aren't bidding your comment is pretty much stabbing who ever bids in the back, the customer now thinks he should get these at $1 a piece.

I did bid, w/o tapped holes and came in at over $1/pc. You'll notice if you read the OP that the main objective is to get a quote for the part w/o tapped holes; with tapped holes is a supplemental quote.

Tooling should be fine- it's whatever steel you like so long as it doesn't have a lead content.

You're correct: the customer may only now (however erroneously) think that $1 a piece is par for the course, but only because you mentioned it.

I've spent enough time on forums over the years to know that anecdotal statements do not necessarily match up with reality, hahaha.

The part costs whatever someone is willing to make it for.

I did bid, w/o tapped holes and came in at over $1/pc. You'll notice if you read the OP that the main objective is to get a quote for the part w/o tapped holes; with tapped holes is a supplemental quote.

Tooling should be fine- it's whatever steel you like so long as it doesn't have a lead content.

You're correct: the customer may only now (however erroneously) think that $1 a piece is par for the course, but only because you mentioned it.

If somebody could make these at your magical 45 seconds a piece on a live tooled Swiss figuring 3 hours to program and set-up they could come in at $1 charging $50 an hour. Common sense tells me the op will not want to tap these himself if someone with a live tooled machine bids.

Heysoos keeriest !

I simply suggested to the O.P. about the option of having the holes driiled & tapped on the machine
to make the job "better"...I figured that he did not know that was possible to do.

Him not having to do that operation himself. If your going to send the job out to a vendor,
might as well have them come in complete.

In NO way did I intend to start an online bidding war, complaint fest.

Last edited:

Back