What's new
What's new

Surface prep 4" OD aluminum rings for anodize

sfriedberg

Diamond
I've got a small number of parts that won't fit in my vibratory tumbler which need surface prep before I send them out for anodize. All are rings cut from 4"OD X 0.125"wall 6061T6 aluminum tube, 4x 3/4" long, 1x 1-15/16" long, 1x 2-1/16" long. Just looking for the typical "galvanized appearance" finish, removing the mill finish on OD and ID, breaking corners. Packing for return shipment has to keep the parts separated; can't just toss them in a box.

Send me an email (not PM, please, PM inbox too small) if you can do this, or have someone you recommend. PNW or West coast vendors preferred, but can ship anywhere in continental US easily enough.

I was going to send these to a local anodizer, but if you can combine the prep and anodize services, I'd be interested. Either Type II or Type III anodize, class 1 (undyed), nominal thickness 0.0005" (which would be thin for type III and fairly heavy for type II), unsealed.

CROSSHATCH, I will do that. For your benefit and anybody else who hasn't used the feature before, if you click on the user name in the header above a posting ("sfriedberg" in my case), you should get a dropdown box with several options. "Send email" is one of these options, because I've enabled that feature in my PM profile.

Possibly that doesn't work in a phone or other mobile browser, but it works pretty well in "real" browsers.

Bump, still looking. With an extended shop shutdown for Thanksgiving coming up, I expect to make a decision in early December.

Back