What's new
What's new

Is SyncFab another MFG.com or worse?

KMS OB

Plastic
New to this community and looking for job shop peoples perspective on Sync Fab. I was surprised to see no search results at all on this site. Internet searches just return the company fluff.

I don't have any experience with this site. Quickly looking at the website I would say its not the same thing as MFG. This site is more along the lines of Xometrey.com

They post jobs with a set price and timeline material and quantity. Xometrey was low paying and fast turn around. I did this for a couple of jobs to do as a fill-in.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the reply. We have done two jobs with these guys and like Xometrey, SyncFab is also Fast turnaround Low pay. This time however we are not being paid and they're not responding to eMails I was just putting feelers out to see if other shops are getting the same treatment? 120 days now. For a company that is trying to revolutionize the manufacturing business it seems like a really dumb move.

This time however we are not being paid and they're not responding to eMails I was just putting feelers out to see if other shops are getting the same treatment? 120 days now.

Are they using a 3rd party service to pay invoices? Your experience sounds like the exact issue I have getting paid from Xometry using their 3rd party service SAP Concur. I have to submit invoices multiple times and while acknowledging that they received the invoice they don't seem to get in the system for payment till I submit them for the 3rd time. They pay twice a month and I end up getting paid in 60 days instead of 30 give or take a couple days. Also every time I send an e-mail asking for an explanation they do not respond. Using their chat they don't respond either or say they will check into it, but never get back.

Are they using a 3rd party service to pay invoices? Your experience sounds like the exact issue I have getting paid from Xometry using their 3rd party service SAP Concur. I have to submit invoices multiple times and while acknowledging that they received the invoice they don't seem to get in the system for payment till I submit them for the 3rd time. They pay twice a month and I end up getting paid in 60 days instead of 30 give or take a couple days. Also every time I send an e-mail asking for an explanation they do not respond. Using their chat they don't respond either or say they will check into it, but never get back.

sounds like the old way American express made money with travelers checks,
they make the money off the float time,
if they pay quick they make less money, just like paypal holds on to your money

No, they dont use third party payables and according to their own terms page it states they pay in 35 days from receipt of accepted parts... What do you think they would do if I contacted the end customer and asked for the parts back as they have not been paid for....I'm sure SyncFabs customer has paid them for the parts, and might be surprised to find out that that the people who made them have not been paid.

No, they dont use third party payables and according to their own terms page it states they pay in 35 days from receipt of accepted parts... What do you think they would do if I contacted the end customer and asked for the parts back as they have not been paid for....I'm sure SyncFabs customer has paid them for the parts, and might be surprised to find out that that the people who made them have not been paid.

Is it a high dollar amount? They could either be in financial trouble or just using the "float" as mentioned above to earn interest on your money or use vendors as a bank instead of borrowing money to finance projects.

Back