What's new
What's new

Threaded Aluminum bars ½” x 3/8” x 6-1/8”

Avadon77

Plastic
I need two identical parts made for my mobile robot. It allows me to attach the bottom hull to the upper hull. I need two pieces of these: ½” x 3/8” x 6-1/8” in Aluminum 6061. The holes should be 3/16’s from either edge. Then I tried to calculate the measurements for what I thought should be 10 evenly spaced 8-32 threaded through holes set in 3/16’s” from both ends. Not sure how good my math is there. I made up a drawing in photoshop. The end result will look a little like an electrical terminal bar except these holes are through holes.

These pieces will sit on the right and left side of the robot and allow me to bolt one flat piece of sheet metal ontop of another with 1/2" clearance between the two. So I'll be using every other hole to screw from the bottom, and the other holes to screw the sheet metal to the top. Basically like a typical electronics stand-off only this is one continuous length piece of threaded holes, where as most stand-offs are just one dimensional piece with a threaded hole in it.

How much would it be to make two of these small parts + shipping to oregon? They could be sent first class. They’re pretty light.

Thanks,
Max

I'll attach a grounding bar picture so you can visualize/get a basic idea/example of the concept.
Threaded_Standoff.jpgeaton-grounding-bars-gbk21cs-64_1000.jpg

Back