What's new
What's new

Who likes a challenge? - Small Nameplate

SUPERPOT

Plastic
Is there anyone out there who is able and prepared to make me 10 off of the attached small nameplates?

The overall width of it is 5mm and large lettering is 0.6mm tall.

The material should be ideally 0.010" thick nickle silver (to save being plated afterwards)

The surface and lettering is at material thickness and the background taken out by about 0.003" to 0.004" depth.

Any more info please pm me. I have the .dxf file available

best regards,

Attachments

• nameplate.jpg
    nameplate.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 577
since nobody has replied... and this is out of my realm but..

Chemical etching, PCB process seems to be the normal process for this type of thing. it can be masked twice, first to relieve the lettering background a little, then mask the background with a small brush application and etch the profile and holes all the way through.

Maybe you get better response from a hobby electronics or jewlery board. I assume physical location is not terribly important as they all fit in a very small envelope!

Everyone makes circuits with 1:1 printed masks. never seen reducers used for hobby stuff. If your letters are .6mm or .23" tall.... i read that board traces should be .008"-.012" thick to be reliably processed. that would be too thick for your letters.

I suspect you will need a photographic reducer to make good leters that small.
I gave my photograhic enlarger/reducer away or I would think it's a cool thing to try.
focusing it well enough would be a pain with UV resist.

I did read about iron on transfer of direct printed on paper toner as a mask for hobby stuff, but I wonder if that would be good enough.

I don't know if I even want to stick my neck out here. . . I have done some really small lettering, but not that small. It would be incredibly time consuming and would require a fixture and template to be made.

You may want to inquire with a local engraver. Check if there are any custom firearm related people. There are a few here in the US I could recommend, but I don't know any in Europe.

If you don't go with chemical etch send me a pm, I machine and cnc engrave stuff this size and I ought to have some nickel silver that thickness or darn close to it.

Back