What's new
What's new

Wire EDM Slot 30K Pieces SE Michigan

BoxcarPete

Stainless
I know a guy who could use a hand getting some parts done on a wire EDM machine. Not sure exactly what the part looks like, but it needs a 2mm wide slot cut about 16mm deep through a section about 12mm thick. Material is 441 stainless. Total volume is expected to be 30K pieces across two production runs.

Ideally looking for someone in or around the southeastern Michigan area because (I am assuming) the part is exhaust related and those tend to be inefficient for shipping long distances.

If anyone is interested, please send me a PM so that I can get you in contact with Bob.

Wasn't there a guy here who spammed the EDM section up from Michigan that had an attitude, an EDM shop, serviced the machines and sold parts?

Not sure about that, but this all might be moot anyway. I think they may have found a way to change the design or form the feature without needing EDM. From the background noise, it sounded like he may have called me from one of those emergency meetings filled with managers, directors, etc. and called me because I used to work at a place that built microhole EDM machines :rolleyes5:.

Anyway, thanks to all who replied via PM, I will let you know if the project comes back to life or something. Sorry for the dud.

Back