What's new
What's new

0t---deep diving D9

some operators have been killed by being buried in the cabs of their dozers at power plants. the test shown was replicating situations where people have been killed in the past and demonstrating improvements meant to save lives.

That wasn't very buried..... :Yawn:
Just enough to say that it was is all.
Put another 6' or so on it and you might git different results?

If it were me - I would put a hatch in the roof, then even if the doors are chocked, the roof will open for a while yet.

This is a common feature on snowmachine trail groomers as they like to sink'm in the swamps in early season if they git the chance, so this is not a new feature.

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

The problem they have on coal piles is the coal bridges and when the dozer pushes over the void the bridge collapses and the dozer is instantly buried 10 to 30 feet deep. One of the changes that was made is the glass is larger than the window opening all the way around, so it isn't just the window seal that is keeping the window from being pushed into the cabin.

The problem they have on coal piles is the coal bridges and when the dozer pushes over the void the bridge collapses and the dozer is instantly buried 10 to 30 feet deep. One of the changes that was made is the glass is larger than the window opening all the way around, so it isn't just the window seal that is keeping the window from being pushed into the cabin.

I was thinking that the glass would/should be like that as well.

And from what I seen of the vid, that machine wasn't buried 30' deep!

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back