What's new
What's new

1962 Towmotor / caterpillar 510P forklift. New edition to the family. check it out

buttfarts

Plastic
1962 510P caterpillar forklift.

2500lb lift capacity.
Truck weight is 5500lbs.
Motor is the flathead 4 cylinder red seal.

This lift starts and runs great, Lifts and drives wonderfully. Brakes are weak but work if you pump them.
Emergency disc brake works. Picked this lift up in Tyler,Texas for $900 cash.
Today I changed the oil and oil filter and flushed the coolant and added fresh coolant and greased the entire unit.

Unit has a couple of small leaks, mainly the mast tilt cylinders are leaking but I was able to get about a half turn on each of the cylinder nutsIMG_6281.jpgIMG_6282.jpgIMG_6306.jpgIMG_6307.jpg.

This little lift is the quietest forklift I have ever heard in my life.

LOL

My tractor I use almost monthly is a 1940 Ford 9n and works flawlessly and the little forklift is a 1962 and works wonderfully as well.

Ive got the poor mans set up but it all works. LOL

Im gonna keep my eye out for a clutch for the towmotor as im sure the day is coming that little lift will need a new clutch.

Anyhow.

Here are some photos of the little forklift.

My last forklift was a Yale G83P that had a slant 6 motor. The Yale was a beast just had no brakes.
The day after I sold the Yale I realized what a mistake it was. No matter what happens to the little towmotor I will never sell it. Having a forklift is truly like having a extension of my arms. I love how people will constantly ask
me why the heck do you need a forklift. Why dont you need a forklift. LOL

Back