2 Leg 6’ 5/8 Diameter Chain Slings Price Check? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob F. View Post
    Cutting them wont save any space, just put them in a bag or a bucket (drill holes in bucket so they dont rust to bad). Then you have a good tow chain if needed.

Did you put them for sale locally?
    Don’t need any tow chains, have plenty of other chains to use! These are too big for me, just want to move them along!

Haven’t thrown them on Craigslist yet, will sometime this week, just been crazy busy!

I was going to ask $250 for the lot of 2 leg slings and keep the single? I have a 10 ton C&M chain fall I’ll thrown in with it.......

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The chain fall should be worth more than that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tdmidget View Post
    The chain fall should be worth more than that.
    I agree, chain fall should be worth more. It looks like you have 2 pars of shorter chains, maybe one pair is sold with chain fall and the other sold separate. I would advertise the long chain as well. maybe $150 and not worry if it didn't sell.
    Here is a link to Tulsa chain, they have really good prices on all this stuff and I buy from them. Look for grade 80 fittings in the categories on the left side and grade 80 slings (scroll to find 5/8") at least to get an accurate description for your CL add.
    Grade 80 DOF Chain Sling

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There isn’t a very big market for big chain slings, they are just too big for most people. I attend auctions from time to time, and the smaller rigging will usually bring twice what the big rigging will bring. I’ll grab it up because we use big rigging.

We use chain slings all the time in the rigging business. Synthetics are nice, but you’ll cut one over a sharp corner, and it’s hard to adjust a synthetic sling or cable sling (impossible).

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We used to get our chains inspected semi-annually, and it wasn't uncommon for one to be wore.

I am a garage sale / scrap yard scrounger, but chains and rigging came new from CM, and their field guy was the guy doing the inspections I think.

Overhead lifting was never one where I cared to try and save money.

I want to say that a dual 10 or 12 foot drop with big hooks, then two short drops with grab hooks for leveling ran us around $1,000 new.

Now...this was multiple years ago, but I remember that I was quite surprised at how cheap they were.