What's new
What's new

200 ton friction welder

That's a pretty cool trailer. I have seen some big transformers come in on similar but smaller
Thx for posting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That was a few years ago, about the same weight as this little consignment from our works in the UK:-
load.jpg

Edit to add:- the comparison refers to the original post. This load was about 120 (long) tons , travelled about 130 miles from Rugby to Goole, before shipment to China.

I live on a heavy haul route and get to see big stuff on the move at least once a month. 2 trucks pulling and 2 pushing is not uncommon, there is a mountain pass some miles south, hear they have to add more trucks for it. Craziest thing I've seen was a few years back when they were building the Hoover Dam bypass, the big concrete beams, 120' long iirc were hauled with one end on back of truck, other end on a dolly, with a cab on the dolly where a driver rode to steer the dolly. Cab was in front of dolly axles, right under the massive beam:skep:

One of the guys said it is the biggest truck and trailer in north america, pretty impressive.

Typical 19 axle setup. While not all that common, there are several of those type trailers around. They are far from the biggest in North America.

Back