What's new
What's new

6x6 Caterpillar rolling chassis

I saw that thing posted here in Calif today also. $250,000 One of the pics shows a tag that the engine was made in 2014.

6x6 Diesel Chassis - heavy equipment - by dealer - sale
Text of add and a pic for future readers:

6x6 DIESEL CHASSIS

backSTORY: This chassis was made for a specialty vehicle. Unfortunately, the company shut down production without finishing the vehicle.

Price: $250,000

Chassis in Operation>> This is a wicked chassis with all... - repurposed MATERIALS

**Contact Damon at 877-282-USED (8733) for more details**

Drive Train: 6x6 with automatic transmission

Engine: 746 HP Caterpillar

Technical Specs: available upon request

**Contact Damon at 877-282-USED (8733) for more details**
00808_8Gj7WzsYEUz_0jm0aV_600x450.jpg

$250k for something used without a warranty? Hardly matters that it has zero kilometres on it.

Company folded, secured creditors got what they were owed, unsecured sucked an egg, some surplus equipment bottom feeder is trying to make bank.

Looks like a concrete truck chassis.

Are you taking a redi-mix delivery truck? Seems weird that it would have a single steer axle and the CAT at the back pushing? All the larger mixers up here have the motor up front, the barrel on the back, and double steer axles with the 2nd one set well back. With the barrel in the front, I think you'd really need more tire up front.

Are you taking a redi-mix delivery truck? Seems weird that it would have a single steer axle and the CAT at the back pushing? All the larger mixers up here have the motor up front, the barrel on the back, and double steer axles with the 2nd one set well back. With the barrel in the front, I think you'd really need more tire up front.

These are pretty popular around here:
Oshkosh(R) S-Series™ Front Discharge Mixer - McNeilus

Yah.
Worth about 0.10€ / kg - cost of equipment to get it out.

Even a caterpillar goes for similar when abandoned in alaska.

Similar happens to commercial boats.
A 1M boat is not worth 50k if it is not running, and in location.
More/less.

$250k for something used without a warranty? Hardly matters that it has zero kilometres on it.

Company folded, secured creditors got what they were owed, unsecured sucked an egg, some surplus equipment bottom feeder is trying to make bank.

Engine worth 30-40 grand, without a warranty, a good rebuild on an c18 is in that range tranny probably in the same range axles just a few thousand unless its a standard set used in other equipment

Yep. I'd ballpark it in the range of $10k to $50k value. That big weird stuff is a hard sell.

If it had a sleek looking corrugated aluminum/composite RV body on it with some solar panels and you threw in phrases like "green", "off-grid" and "ultra-efficient" I think you could get $300k-$500k for it.

In looking at the pics,

I wonder if it is even a legal width, 102" at most 106 at the tire sidewall max. Wider than that it needs permits to operate on streets/highways. It would look pretty cool with a GMC style motorhome body.

A C-18 with Allison 6 speed is worth 50~60K to the "right buyer" it is not an on highway engine so there is that and no support from the OEM's on the powertrain for repair or integration of chassis systems.

In reading the add, that company blasts all kinds of surplus across the country on CL. None of their stuff seems to be priced realistically.

Steve

Back