What's new
What's new

Allis Chalmers ACC-40 lp forklift

badwithusernames

Aluminum
Hello, I've just picked up an old lift that's been sitting for a while. I traded a rusty plow truck for the forklift and two bushels of good peaches. Even though the lift hasn't run for several years, and has had some parts robbed of of it, it's in remarkably decent clean condition. The story is that parts were robbed from it (propane system from the regulator to the tank hose) for another lift that had better tires and side shift. I did get it to spin and sputter over with a battery and starting fluid so I'm confident that it will at least run when the new regulator, lockout valve, and tank connector arrive.
Here's the weird part, the engine is nothing like any of the Allis Chalmers engines I've found used in the ACC-30 and ACC-40 machines. I've seen the Continental F135 used but they have the top mounted distributor. This has the distributor down on the left side, just forward of the starter. There is a tag that reads G427. I have it decoded as far as Gas/ 4 cylinder/ 2.7 liters, but have been unable to find anything further. Possibly similar to a continental TM27? One source says yes, and another says no... can anyone here help shed some light on this?
Thanks in advance.. SD

Hello, I've just picked up an old lift that's been sitting for a while. I traded a rusty plow truck for the forklift and two bushels of good peaches. Even though the lift hasn't run for several years, and has had some parts robbed of of it, it's in remarkably decent clean condition. The story is that parts were robbed from it (propane system from the regulator to the tank hose) for another lift that had better tires and side shift. I did get it to spin and sputter over with a battery and starting fluid so I'm confident that it will at least run when the new regulator, lockout valve, and tank connector arrive.
Here's the weird part, the engine is nothing like any of the Allis Chalmers engines I've found used in the ACC-30 and ACC-40 machines. I've seen the Continental F135 used but they have the top mounted distributor. This has the distributor down on the left side, just forward of the starter. There is a tag that reads G427. I have it decoded as far as Gas/ 4 cylinder/ 2.7 liters, but have been unable to find anything further. Possibly similar to a continental TM27? One source says yes, and another says no... can anyone here help shed some light on this?
Thanks in advance.. SD

My ACC-30 has a Waukesha.

Solved my own problem. Powerwashing revealed a tag that reads TM27, and I found that someone has already done a pertronix electronic ignition in the distributor. Hopefully I can have it running soon..

Back