What's new
What's new

Allis Chalmers Forklift info needed?

BSNEILON

Plastic
Don't know if I am posting in the right forum or not? I am wondering if anyone knows anything about Allis-Chalmers Forklifts. We are thinking it's a model F something 20 24 but all we have is the serial number stamped on the frame, which is 25316000. Trying to figure out what this thing is so we can get a fan belt. Thank you in advance.

The easiest thing would be to take the belt to an auto parts store and if there are no sizes stamped on it, let them measure it and allow for stretch and bring one home. Some lift dealer will probably give you the wrong one anyway!

I would just add to use your A-B-C belt cross section guide to help out, just measure width at the top rim of the pulleys.

Wild solution: measure diameters and center distances of the pulleys involved, set up in CAD and "measure" arc lengths and straight lengths and add them all up. The "OD" that you get plus the letter size above could get you something like a

B52

which has 52" of "od" and a B cross section.

The 3L, 4L, 5L can cross over as well but that above will give you a good start.

Back