Brake Press Table
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Brake Press Table

I am wanting to make a support table to use in front of break press. Something that I can either rotate the top of table or maybe even a roller top to make turning parts around easier by myself. Anyone have anything like this already? Thanks.

E

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No one has a helper table in front of their brake press that allows them to handle large sheets by themselves?
    Anyone?

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    British Columbia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I ran a press brake for too many years and what I found the best was a table that would support a 4 by 8 sheet. The table was tube frame with open top and about 3 by 6. We used six inch locking casters on all four corners. In one shop the table was more than four inches below the lip of the most common die. We used 4 by 4 dunnage pieces between the table and sheets. This allowed us to use the forklift and drop a pallet of sheets directly on the table and still not be too high.
    For smaller pieces we also made two L shaped weldments that bolted to the front of the machine and stuck out about three feet. The holes were slotted so that we could adjust them for height and in some cases used them with vise grips and pieces of angle to make front stops for multiple pieces. We used three inch channel because it was stiff.