What's new
What's new

Clark C50 Specs/Information

Fal Grunt

Titanium
I can usually find information when searching old machines, but old lifts/fork trucks/tow motors have proven difficult.

I’m looking at buying an old Clark C50, LP, but I can’t find much?

Any opinions, input, on maintenance, issues, etc would be appreciated.

Unfortunately I’ll be buying it sight unseen, going on the owners word that it is in good running condition and that everything functions. As a plus it has relatively new tires, so there’s that!

I can usually find information when searching old machines, but old lifts/fork trucks/tow motors have proven difficult.

I’m looking at buying an old Clark C50, LP, but I can’t find much?

Any opinions, input, on maintenance, issues, etc would be appreciated.

Unfortunately I’ll be buying it sight unseen, going on the owners word that it is in good running condition and that everything functions. As a plus it has relatively new tires, so there’s that!

There were guys here checking it out. I should have gotten their name. It's old and has done what we've needed for the past 20+ years.

Our 1979 Clark C-300 was wore out when we bought it 25 years ago and has yet to leave us stranded. Yours (Mark's?) looks like it is likely newer. The Continental F163 runs as smooth as butter even though we've never done so much as change the spark plugs. Engine oil has been changed maybe twice. Can't say I'm proud of the lack of maintenance it has had, but it's testament to what these machines will take. Don't think it's ever had brakes, just throw 'er into reverse if you feel you're going too fast. Transmission doesn't seem to mind a bit (fluid still looks new). Our local lift service does still support it and claims to be able to get parts should we ever need them.

It's never leaked a drop of anything until just recently when the mast seal started to weep - not enough to worry about though.

Ours is a triple stage with side shift, 48" forks with 72" extensions. Very handy combo.

Are you sure its not a C-500 or a C500-50? I think that's a lot more common model number in Clarks.

At upper left is a C500-30 and I previously owned a C500-40.

Do you have a picture of the nameplate or have an idea on which decade it rolled off the line?

Are you sure its not a C-500 or a C500-50? I think that's a lot more common model number in Clarks.

At upper left is a C500-30 and I previously owned a C500-40.

Do you have a picture of the nameplate or have an idea on which decade it rolled off the line?

It is entirely possible that it is a C-500, but the nameplate sure looks like it says C-50

7-2.jpg

7-3.jpg

Back