What's new
What's new

CLARK DCY40 3cyl. DEUTZ forklift - probs with steering and user manual

Sickculture

Plastic
Hi,
I´m new here and from germany and hope to find some help with our old CLARK DCY40 forklift with 3cyl. DEUTZ engine.

A) I´m searching for a user manual and parts list. Also a oil table. (PDF)
B) I´ve got some problems with my steering. It is really heavy to turn. I found a steering cylinder on the left side with to connections. One from the hydraulic pump and one connection directly to the tank. On the front it is mounted with to screws, but I can move it up and down in the chassis of the DCY40.

Looks like its a D=diesel, C = Clark, Y = Yardloader (aka rough terrain forklift).

Your steering would eventually have to connect to the orbital motor on the steering shaft somewhere (could be right under the steering wheel or it could be down inside the machine).

I've always run 3 fluids, your favorite 10w30 engine oil, ATF = auto trans fluid, and AW46 = anti-wear ISO46 viscosity hydraulic oil. If you had a clutched manual gearbox then there could be another gear oil.. Also I think there's an EP oil for the drive axle, probably something like 80W90, but I've not ever found the need to change that yet.

Any typical #2 grease will work, definitely nothing exotic, something that would be used on farm equipment.

Back