Clark Forklift Resurrection Help! - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you really get desperate to use the gasohol, a carb from a Farmall Super A would in my opinion work albeit with cobbling of the flow path and gravity fuel.

Thats a ~120cubic inch engine and the same torquey desired result although the original app is an OHV and not a flathead but I do not think the carb actually cares.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by m16ty View Post
    I didn’t know that. I guess all of mine are old enough that will run upside down.
    You are lucky back there. Out here those old cylinders can not be filled anymore. Made me mad because it was nice to turn them upside down and fill the little green camping cylinders.
    Now I have this useless adapter to do that, but can't get the old bottles filled

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Can the valve be removed and "repaired"...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob F. View Post
    You are lucky back there. Out here those old cylinders can not be filled anymore. Made me mad because it was nice to turn them upside down and fill the little green camping cylinders.
    Now I have this useless adapter to do that, but can't get the old bottles filled
    They probably can't be refilled around here either, but I have a big 400 gallon LPG tank and I fill them myself.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When I swapped propane suppliers, they brought me out one of their 400 gallon tanks. I was looking the tank over, and although it had new paint, the tank itself was a 1968 model. When I questioned him about this, he said the big stationary tanks don't require testing or re-certification. The reason forklift and grill cylinders require testing and certification is because of transporting them, and it required by the USDOT. A stationary tank that isn't transported with LPG in it, requires no certification.