What's new
What's new

Continental Y112

Emory

Plastic
Thanks for the add.
I have a John Deere 125 skid steer with a continental y112 engine. I would like to replace the engine with a fresh continental but I am having trouble locating a Y112 to rebuild.
There are lots of F124 and F163 out there. Can I replace a Y engine with a F engine ?

F series engines are about 25% bigger so fitting one in that equipment should be interesting !! Most Y series were used in forklifts,so try forklift salvage yards. 60s-70s I worked at a distributor for Continental ,sold a lot of parts . But F series 4-5 times the Y.

I do believe you when you say 5 F for every Y. I did find a salvage Y from a miller welder. I am going New year eve to check it out. $1000😐

I got my old clark c20 lift fired up and running smoothly with the new electronic distribtor. It now cranks easy and idles well. It still has a problem when you try to throttle it up. It sucks a bunch of air and falls on its face. It had this problem before but would ease up once it was up to temp. Changing the timing does not impact this. I am thinking I need to clean up the carburetor. The build sheet lists #667525 . The word Bendl is on the side of the carb. The things I see online show a Zenith carb for that number. My carb looks like the pictures of the Zenith carb.
Any other ideas what else I could check before I take off that carb? It looks like it won't be any fun getting it off!

I got my old clark c20 lift fired up and running smoothly with the new electronic distribtor. It now cranks easy and idles well. It still has a problem when you try to throttle it up. It sucks a bunch of air and falls on its face. It had this problem before but would ease up once it was up to temp. Changing the timing does not impact this. I am thinking I need to clean up the carburetor. The build sheet lists #667525 . The word Bendl is on the side of the carb. The things I see online show a Zenith carb for that number. My carb looks like the pictures of the Zenith carb.
Any other ideas what else I could check before I take off that carb? It looks like it won't be any fun getting it off!
Start a new thread.

update: I was running my truck again and tried pulling out the choke cable. With the choke cable pulled to about 80% the truck runs like a dream and will take the throttle with no hesitation or coughing. Not sure what this could signal or point to?

Back