What's new
What's new

Dock height trailer..

SeymourDumore

Diamond
Guys

Can someone please point me to a place where I could possibly find a trailer that fits ALL of the following:

Flatbed, deckover
Loading dock height
Pintle connection, compatible with standard pintle hitch on a standard receiver
20' to 24' long
14,400# capacity

I may be Google-retarded, but can not find anything of a sort...

And yet!!!

Just today I've passed one on a very busy highway on-ramp, that was towed by a plane-jane RAM 2500.
It was empty and at least 30' long, but it was EXZACTLY what I need in every bit other than the length.
I could not find any marking on it, but it was not at all home-made looking in any way.
In fact at a quick glance it looked like something made by Cam Superline.
No beaver tail, no tilt bed, no ramp attachment. Rather, it was exactly what a flatbed tandem big-rig trailer would look like, but for "little" rigs.
It had 2 axles in the middle, and had manually cranked support legs on font and back.

Guys

Can someone please point me to a place where I could possibly find a trailer that fits ALL of the following:

Flatbed, deckover
Loading dock height
Pintle connection, compatible with standard pintle hitch on a standard receiver
20' to 24' long
14,400# capacity

I may be Google-retarded, but can not find anything of a sort...

And yet!!!

Just today I've passed one on a very busy highway on-ramp, that was towed by a plane-jane RAM 2500.
It was empty and at least 30' long, but it was EXZACTLY what I need in every bit other than the length.
I could not find any marking on it, but it was not at all home-made looking in any way.
In fact at a quick glance it looked like something made by Cam Superline.
No beaver tail, no tilt bed, no ramp attachment. Rather, it was exactly what a flatbed tandem big-rig trailer would look like, but for "little" rigs.
It had 2 axles in the middle, and had manually cranked support legs on font and back.

Fearless Leader Milacron posted about having a gooseneck trailer made very similar.
IIRC was from a well know trailer builder, was a semi custom (fill in tick boxes).
Here is a pix of it, I can't find the original thread about ordering it:
https://www.practicalmachinist.com/...wer-end-my-trailer-97380/?highlight=gooseneck

Back