What's new
What's new

Electric Machine Skates down under.

machtool

Diamond
Thought this might be of interest.

L Arthur, the primary machine movers in my town of Melbourne Australia. I get to work with them fortnightly / monthly.

They have lashed out on a set of Jung Electric skates.Link >>> Machinery relocation using electric skates and 5 tonne forklift - YouTube

The circus wagon forklift was involved. (above link ) DMG DMU Monoblok 80 going out the door.

Machinery relocation with electric skates - YouTube

Site is a very good customer of mine.

The bloke with the remote control. Ernie, Kiwi / New Zealander by birth. He's the machine whisperer, when it comes to skates. I swear he can make a machine disappear while he's shaking your hand.

These aren't new GKS Perfekt had them a decade ago. Hilman has that Traksporter, but it needs that huge hydraulic unit.

Regards Phil.

I noticed that it said in the text that it can pull 50 tonne, but in the video is was actually pushing it out the door.
Would that have be related to the whole Southern Hemisphere thing?
If it's DC power - maybe he could have jist swapped the leads around?

------------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Door appeared to be plenty high - especially for the single drop.

Maybe they don't want the big forktruck on their precious painted floor?

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

It would appear the machine is too long to fork from the end and too wide to go through the door if forked from the side.

I saw some of these electric skates at IMTS. They were driving them around the hall. Out of my price range, but that goes for 99.8% of all serious rigging equipment.

The riggers I use get all bent out of shape if they have to use skates. I asked the boss about skating a machine one time and he gave me a look like I asked to date his daughter. They'll spend half a day tearing the building apart to get their forklift in to avoid 30 minutes on skates.

Well I was thinking more along the lines of loading inside and driving out.

Gotta say - as a rule - I hate skates too!
But THESE skates - a bit diff story than my std units.

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

The riggers I use get all bent out of shape if they have to use skates. I asked the boss about skating a machine one time and he gave me a look like I asked to date his daughter. They'll spend half a day tearing the building apart to get their forklift in to avoid 30 minutes on skates.
That's funny :) Last time I had a big move a whole cubhouse of gorillas arrived with a skate in each hand. They'd lift one corner, throw a skate under, grunt a little and pull the machine out the door with a big vine. Forklift ? Jimbo no need forklift !

Gotta say - as a rule - I hate skates too!
But THESE skates - a bit diff story than my std units.
Coolest things I've seen were these big boardish things pierced with little holes. Get them under the machine then pump air through them and the whole 25,000 lb machine would glide across the floor like on ice skates.

The hard part was getting the damn thing under the machine :(

Well I was thinking more along the lines of loading inside and driving out.

That would be because the machine was stuck in the back rear left hand corner of the workshop. With all the other machines, you wouldn't be able to back a truck under it far enough, to get the load distributed between the trailer and the prime mover.

Secondly the skates are new, and I'd bet the boys were chanting at the bit to use them. On that floor, they wouldn't get the new toys dirty.

That fork will run on those floors all day long, front wheel's are about 15" wide. Wes was correct, too wide to go out side ways.

You can see at about the 2:50 minute mark, the jib is higher than the door.

Regards Phil.

Back