Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by NRDock View Post
    You're only as old as you feel.
    Which is why so many old guys try to find a young woman to squeeze...

While I admit to loving ICE too much, the performance of the better equipped electric cars is really impressive, at least in typical road speeds. Real track use, not so much...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ford is planning to drop the Lightning name by the time the truck is released. They will be instead banking on the reputation of the the 1964 T-Bolt race car by calling it the T-Watt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GregSY View Post
    Ford is planning to drop the Lightning name by the time the truck is released. They will be instead banking on the reputation of the the 1964 T-Bolt race car by calling it the T-Watt.
    Now you made a mess of my key board! Dang you!

Twat by any other name is still ....ahh...a ...twat!

4. Likes GregSY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There goes the aftermarket "tuned exhaust" industry....

I still don't get how an electric can provide AC to the "hot states", without a serious limit on range. Cooling takes a lot of HP when stuck in traffic.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The air conditioning will be wind powered. Go green

7. Likes D.Minnich, Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i think it's amazing - just how much coal and natural gas and child and slave
    mining labor goes into making those lithium battery banks and electric controls. only good for 5-6 years.
    how does that compare to a toyota 4.0 liter , good for 30 years...

"sounds like clean , green ..." load of shiite. perhaps.. on the river of DENIAL. i'm sure it sounded good on paper...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When NASCAR goes fully electric, E / green vehicles will stand a chance, ..until then they're only pissin in the Pacific.

I wonder if Elon Musk is enough of a meglomaniac to run for the White House ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    When NASCAR goes fully electric, E / green vehicles will stand a chance, ..until then they're only pissin in the Pacific.
    My bladder's so big, when I piss in the Atlantic I'm ALSO peeing in the Pacific. The ocean levels are increasing? It's me, not the icebergs melting...

I wonder if Elon Musk is enough of a meglomaniac to run for the White House ?
    Nah, won't happen, or if it does it's just for show. He's South African born, not a native-born American. Same sort of issue Arnie faced.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wheels17 View Post
    What I want to see is the range estimate while towing 10,000 pounds.
    Less than 100 miles and only if the heater and or the AC is turned off. This is the most stupid offering I have ever seen. It makes no sense at all. Truly stupid.

12. Likes CalG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by NRDock View Post
    Hey, I'm almost 62 and driving a Raptor! Sold my Mustang to get it. I'd consider an electric sports/retirement car, but will probably just end up with a Porsche. You're only as old as you feel.
    Now you are thinking correctly. I have only 4) 911 variants at present, but have a Cayman GT4 on the way to get back up to 5.
    Most F150s are commuter vehicles around here. In fact an F150 owner may ask to borrow another owners truck to haul mulch, not wanting to get his truck bed dirty. The electric will sell well and will shiny at football tailgate parties. AC and heat will not be an issue any more than an issue with Tesla cars.
    And the Lightning starts at 40k, but you can option out to 90k! Hell yeah!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am not a tree hugger by any stretch of the imagination, but these electric vehicles really interest me, mostly because of the performance standpoint, they make instant horsepower, it will be funny when someone with their fancy Camaro pulls up next to one of these F150's pulling a boat and gets his doors blown off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Anti "green" is deep in many folks political DNA so they can't stand the ideal of an electric vehicle.

I say lets dump all the electric motors in the shop and get some real engines like god intended- screw those tree huggers.
    Electric motors are the dumbest ideal I have ever seen..

16. Likes neilho, Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Okay serious Q time

How many HP or KW is in vehicles used on the road at any given time? (I don't know the figure, but it's huge)

Therefore, where is all the electricty for charging going to come from, when the USA (and UK to a lesser extent) already have problems keeping the lights on aka brown outs etc etc.

Or put another way, how many gallons / tons of gas and diesel are used on the roads each year, convert that to KWhrs (and we know each fuel has a conversion factor) .now tell me where all that extra electricity is coming from.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Okay serious Q time

How many HP or KW is in vehicles used on the road at any given time? (I don't know the figure, but it's huge)

Therefore, where is all the electricty for charging going to come from, when the USA (and UK to a lesser extent) already have problems keeping the lights on aka brown outs etc etc.

Or put another way, how many gallons / tons of gas and diesel are used on the roads each year, convert that to KWhrs (and we know each fuel has a conversion factor) .now tell me where all that extra electricity is coming from.
    That is a well traveled road-

Public Utilities: Will All These Electric Cars Crash the Grid?

EV rollout will require huge investments in strained U.S. power grids | Reuters

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

But how much has actually been done about it, .......as opposed to studies and talking about it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You might be only as old as you feel...but does anyone under the age of 65 own a Porsche...??

21. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by steve-l View Post
    Less than 100 miles and only if the heater and or the AC is turned off. This is the most stupid offering I have ever seen. It makes no sense at all. Truly stupid.
    Probably true, so it's not the vehicle for me. I commute in a focus and use my truck to pick-up large loads, mostly for the farm. I only drive it about 3k miles per year, but when I drive, it's often a couple hundred miles with a trailer. So, I'll stick with a big, fuel-sucking gas engine - makes more sense for me than diesel considering my low usage and the cheaper vehicle purchase price.

That being said, I am very far from the standard use case for F150 buyers. They are status commuters with some weekend utility to get some bags of mulch at home depot. Ford will hit a home run in this demographic if the truck delivers on its promises.

23. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    Anti "green" is deep in many folks political DNA so they can't stand the ideal of an electric vehicle.

I say lets dump all the electric motors in the shop and get some real engines like god intended- screw those tree huggers.
    Electric motors are the dumbest ideal I have ever seen..
    So your a Minn Kota hater ?...
    The Curious History of Electric Ship Propulsion
    Solutions and products for electric propulsion/drives | Marine | Siemens Energy Global

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

But how much has actually been done about it, .......as opposed to studies and talking about it?
    Well in California they have done a lot. They have sued the electric companies for billions effectively bankrupting them and mandated all cars will be electric in the near future. What can go wrong?

Oh, and I am not against electric vehicles, I got one an electric 4 wheeler. It is a pretty good work vehicle and allows for sneaking up on coyotes and wild pigs at night. With a night vision rifle scope they are dead before the see or hear anything. My 2500 Ram truck (gas) has only been filled twice since the pandemic, hauled a lot of seed and fertilizer in that 1000 miles traveled.
    Last edited by FredC; 05-25-2021 at 10:43 AM.

26. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't plan on switching teams anytime soon. So no I won't be buying an electric anything.

28. Likes JohnEvans liked this post