What's new
What's new

Genie S60 Boomlift Electrical Issues, No Start

dalmatiangirl61

Diamond
I'll start at beginning, not sure its part of issue. Approx 5 months ago it would not start, decided it was not getting fuel and replaced fuel (gasoline) pump, ran it for 3 days without issue then parked it for winter, battery removed. 3 weeks ago tried to start, it would crank but not start, whiff of ether and it would, checked fuel pump at it was not getting voltage. Machine also has the propane option, threw a full bottle onto it a few years ago but regulator was bad, decided this would be a good time to fix that. Threw toggle switch to propane, cracked open bottle then shut, hit start switch and it would fire off and run for a few seconds, ordered new regulator. Installed new regulator 2 days ago, topped up anti freeze and put battery back in this morning, now it won't crank, only wires I touched were the positive/negative wires for propane solenoid.

Have service manual, followed flow chart, when it got to checking terminal #6 on ignition/start module I found .56v with start switch not engaged, voltage dropped to 0 with start switch engaged. I did move control relays (CR1 - CR4) around last week to see if they changed anything, no difference, engine was cranking but not starting. Manual also shows, manual also shows control relays 5, 6, 7 in control box, but they are not there, I think those 3 relays are in engine compartment, see pics.

Attachments

• genie 1.jpg
    genie 1.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 124
  • genie 2.jpg
    genie 2.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 92
  • genie 3.jpg
    genie 3.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 78
  • genie 4.jpg
    genie 4.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 74
Thanks! Just watched a couple of his vids and got some better insight into diagnosing problems, seems he has the same problem of schematics not matching what is on the machine, but at least now I know what the un-marked toggle switch inside the control cabinet is for. Ordered 2 new Omron relays yesterday (1 for a spare), NAPA had an equivalent relay, made in china, at 4x the price of an Omron, I can wait till friday, hoping that takes care of my no power to fuel pump situation. Just checked machine again, its still cranking, guess I just have to wait for next no-crank situation to arise.

Back