What's new
What's new

New to me, 1969 Clark Forklift

CRTurboGuy

Plastic
Howdy, I ended up bidding on an older Clark forklift at an auction for what I thought was too low of a price. Turns out, it wasn't and I'm now the proud new owner of this old girl. From what I can tell based on the local Clark dealer, this is a 1969 C(F)40B. It's a gas model, and seemed to start right up just fine when I went to pick it up. Thanks to some posts on here, I hired a roll-back wrecker to transport it home instead of trying to rent a trailer and tow it myself - seems to have been money well spent, IMO. Hadn't given much thought on where to store it, but it >just< barely fits in my garage, with the door pushed all the way up manually, with about a 1/8" to spare going through my doorway.
Just fits:
forklift.jpg
Nameplate:
nameplate.jpg

Howdy, I ended up bidding on an older Clark forklift at an auction for what I thought was too low of a price. Turns out, it wasn't and I'm now the proud new owner of this old girl. From what I can tell based on the local Clark dealer, this is a 1969 C(F)40B. It's a gas model, and seemed to start right up just fine when I went to pick it up. Thanks to some posts on here, I hired a roll-back wrecker to transport it home instead of trying to rent a trailer and tow it myself - seems to have been money well spent, IMO. Hadn't given much thought on where to store it, but it >just< barely fits in my garage, with the door pushed all the way up manually, with about a 1/8" to spare going through my doorway.
Just fits:

Nameplate:

Very nice! I recently got a C20b of a similar vintage as I don't have as much headroom as you. Hopefully yours has the normal outboard brakes?

Back