What's new
What's new

Gore Tex and electronic controls

JHOLLAND1

Titanium
so I am compiling components to restore the Genie S60 lift

the platform control box is completely missing--big items on these units are joysticks

got a bargain on microprocessor based j-sticks ---and found sleve penetration into interior--abs plastic category housing
pics online indicate it is for Gore tex vent plug--$30+ usd

for $5 dollars two small sheets of adhesive backed Gore tex arrive and a trimmed patch adheres vigorously to housing projection--for added security--delrin collar provides snug impact resistance

pics show left unit with Gore tex patch, right illustrates view to pcb

final pic illustrates actual j-stick required for my series lift-- good news since it is completely analog metering voltage thru potentiometers
the sealed microprocessor variety requires max 5 vdc input and has null zone of 2.5 vdc so--forward deflection generates up to 5 vdc while rearward
movement lowers voltage to 0

and this is why several logic boards are required for function in this application--2.5 volts must be recognized as null---this of course, would not be compatible with most servo controls based upon 0-10 vdc detection for proportioning motion

and the proprietary genie boards price from $400-3000
so old fashioned analog is fine by me :)

Attachments

• 100_2912.jpg
    100_2912.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 100_2913.jpg
    100_2913.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 137
  • 100_2916.jpg
    100_2916.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 140
  • 100_2917.jpg
    100_2917.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 125
  • hjkh.jpg
    hjkh.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 141
My Genie S-60 has a circuit board, or 2, inside the platform control box, no idea what they do, you might need them. I'm guessing you have some schematics to follow, or are you just winging it?

what is your machine serial no?

my #--4348 or around 1998-99 build years
Genie is generous in supplying online manuals--no charge

if your lift has low profile digital j-sticks--it will require one or two boards in platform box and one or more in ground control

A machine that old,Im suprised you can get another for spares at scrap price.....although the dealers dont like old machines to escape,they scrap them direct.

S# 3796, 1999 model. 2 of the joysticks look like the one in 5th pic, had to replace one a few years back. No idea if they are low profile digital.

good news--your machine-like mine--completely analog --although swing and elevate j-stick has pc board for each function--
my 60 foot Simon RO boom lift is older and even simpler in components--works just fine at 40 years

My S-40 was last owned and "maintained" by carpenters. The upper control box is missing about half the switches and flaps in the wind. Came with bees nests in it. All the control that still have switches and joysticks still operate fine. Genie did some good conformal coating on the circuit boards that run the joysticks. And mine has a horse power limiter circuit board in there as well. All the boards and mechanical bits seem to be dealing with the rail and contaiments just fine.

I do have about $300 of new switches and buttons and lights and alarms to rebuild the control box. Hopefully a winter project. I am sure when I do that I'll seal it up better. I'm just amazed at how well some electronics do when exposed to weather. And how a well engineered seal seems to be less reliable than a 1/8" diameter drain hole.

Back