Grove articulated boom lift - operation ? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nice lookin' lift there DT [img]smile.gif[/img] While a scissor lift can come in handy for tasks like hanging pipe, conduits or light steelwork as they can be raised level on the work platform, the articulation lets these go nearly anywhere you can "shoot the boom".

All I can tell you from similar JLGs is that the defining moment appears to be when you step on the footpedal and hear the audible sound of a relay pull in.

I see your control speed is set to "rabbit" on the main panel, but make sure it hasn't been turned to "turtle" on the same feature inside the basket [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Estop may twist to release but highly unlikely it would move at all with the Estop depressed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I see your control speed is set to "rabbit" on the main panel, but make sure it hasn't been turned to "turtle" on the same feature inside the basket
    In the basket there is no turtle/rabbit knob, but rather (I presume) the speed is controled the same as on my scissor lift, and that is they both have joystick controls and you press the joystick in the direction you want to go...the further you press the stick the faster it goes.

The interesting difference on the Grove is since it will rotate 360 degrees, you tend to get confused about which is the "front" and "back" of the chassis, so you go by back arrow vs white arrow on the joystick taking note of same large decals on the body to know which way the device will travel when you press the joystick. A handy feature if near the edge of a loading dock

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We have a lift at work that requires it to be faced in one direction or it goes at a slow snail pace. The 180* thing is the only thing that really pops in my head.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I had used one that was messed up and only worked one way thats why the 180, its worth a shot. If grove has a website you may be able to d/l the manuals. I know genie has them ava online.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

don, i know nothin about these things..but is it possible..say when you lifted it with your forklift that a switch is tripped (too much tilt)..and you need to re-activate something, now that the conditions are better? (ie you are not upside down). course if you knew this you wouldnt be askin! but maybe it rings a bell with someone
    scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If grove has a website you may be able to d/l the manuals.
    Besides being extremely obvious, if you will re read the posts here you will see that Dirt already tried that..and he is really good at finding obscure info on the internet, thus your comment is pretty redundant don't you think ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is a secret..............and I know it. Do you want to know it? I will tell you if you ask nicely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

coz...ok, pretty please with cherry on top for my "cherry picker" ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Grove GPX, CAPX, and D3 all require user name and password. The serial number is required for registration to access. Further confusion is added by breaking down man lifts into vertical mast lift, articulated boom, straight boom telescoping, then Grove, Manitowoc, and National Crane. That's just the man lifts

The Master Document list for Grove does not show model numbers for manuals listed, but shows a group of part numbers for the manuals based on serial numbers in a generic PDF document, if that makes sense. Then, after you get through all that, you still have to go through the registration mess to figure out if it can be downloaded from either D3, CAPX, or GPX.

As far as a manual goes, I'd call the Greg Poole place above to see if that's how it works or if it's dealer only. Some of the troubleshooting manuals were listed as such. It is a highly convoluted mess there to figure out, and it all loops you back to the brochure if you can't login.

In short, yes, I did look for the manual to download or even a generic version by going to my favorite military manuals site (NOT Tpub), not even restricted versions were found. None at dealer sites, where they sometimes are "inadvertently" available. I know its out there, just gotta find it. The world is my library.
    Anybody can guess, but they wrote it down so you don't have to
    I have a guess but no electricals, so its only a guess.
    Coz, please tell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hey guys this is sort of off the subject I had a problem with a Gennie,going up to remove old piping from a crane rail and paying attention to a gas line on a colum, shoved the basket up under the crane rail and crushed my hand between the boom and the crane rail with my hand still on the up switch. When I got back form the Doc. the Co. had allready put a gaurd over the controls. The safety report still read it was my fault! That one would go 180 but not 360 but went real slow when backwards, I would check the boards if it's been wet,the contacts my be green.Clean with a pencel eresar, don't go crazy with the pressure just enough to remove the crud hope this helps. Charlie

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I know a little about lifts....... but not about engine hoists............now I'm confused!?!?!?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

coz, in other words, you are FOS about knowing the "secret" to traction controls of a Grove articulating manlift.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yup FOS...............so you are SOL. The secret is to buy a manual. You would nail anyone else to a cross if they asked the question you asked. You nor anyone else should operate any lift without first reading the manual. I don't care how much you think you know.

As always, best regards Mr. Thomas
    Coz

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Did you check out the FWD/REV contactors, the fuses, and the Battery Voltage & water levels. The drive motor(s) draw the most load and the Hydraulic pump will work when there is not enough juice to run the Drive Motor(s). Battery cells should be greater than 2.0 volts each and specific gravity should be about 1250 or better. You may just plain have junk batteries, (usually the root of the problem). Hope that this helps. Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Can't find a dang thing about it specifically, so I'm going to guess based on a$$umptions and generic interlocks, we know how that goes

Assumption: Machine must work, its only showing 296.7 hours so little if anything wrong. Its shown sitting in yard of other equipment and it didn't fly there. Lets assume batteries are adequately charged, hydraulic reservoir level good.

Guess: A combination of control select keyswitch and E stop pb. Try E stop depressed, control function to ground, spring return to platform cntrl, pull E stop, and try the bucket functions. I'm guessing the E stop needs to be pulled the last thing in the circuit to use the foot pedal enable for bucket control.

Note: Some machines have brake pumps to release the brakes during unforseen circumstances. It would look kinda like a manual fuel primer pump accompanied by all sorts of warning decals I'm sure. I believe with no pressure/resistance felt at the manual pump the brakes are locked. If so equipped, that may assist with troubleshooting symptoms.
    Without electricals and contact developments I'm stumped.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Keith, yes, checked all of those. Total battery voltage is currently 49.4 volts (48 volt system), however SG is a bit low at 1150 average. Still, full charge at 51 volts would help that.

When I press the traction joystick I can hear contactors in the chassis click into engagement and the motion alarm begins to beep but no wheel movement whatsoever. Looking more and more like electronic problem as all fuses and corrosion issues looks good. Servocon board looks suspect.

coz, I would never, "nail anyone else to the cross if they asked the question I asked" I challenge you to present a single instance of where I may have fretted at someone for asking a question of this nature. You have over 19,000 posts to select from, so if it ever happened shouldn't be hard to find some examples.

If you don't, then 20,000 members can assume you are the foolish troll you appear to be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Have ran some that had a speed contral on the joy stick.
    David/Toledo

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You Might try a draw down test. 1150 is low. I am not real familiar with Servocon Controller. You might look for flash codes. Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Also, you can check the motor(s) for shorts to ground and bad brushes/commutator. Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You are amazing!!!!! Your ability is uncanny. 3 posts ladies and gentlemen and he’s got it. You hit the nail right on the head. You are right, I am foolish and a troll. How do you do it? Actually I’m only a little foolish, that’s why I end up here from time to time. I have watched you bully and demean members in almost every thread you are a part of. I think I would really enjoy meeting you in person. Should 20K posts impress me? I’m out doing it while you are here talking about doing it. Buy a manual. Read the safety section first. You will probably find what you are looking for. I have been looking for a good reason to call you the dick that you are for some time now. This as good as any. I won’t be back and I don’t think I will be missed.