Grove articulated boom lift - operation ? - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

macona, you could be right but the only "service guy" I'm aware of (via Grove parts dist contacts) that might know these machines is over 3 hours drive away. There probably is someone closer that would be familiar with this system but would take some digging to find them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you can get the *complete* schematics for
    fifty bucks, that would be a good start at it.
    By themselves, that is, no manual.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just got the emailed schematics from Sevcon and they appear to represent the whole system, so this may be all I need.

I tried to send the word doc to another file so I could post it here and my MS Office trial ran out. So then I tried to scan the print and due to just upgrading to Vista OS now my scanner isn't working ! Arrrrgggh ! :mad:

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Back to another thread, when you installed Vista, and it asked if you wanted to upgrade, you SHOULD have said NO, you wished to install ANOTHER OS, and when it came up to the next screen, "Allow me to choose my directory". (If that is in Vista.)

You WOULD have had to reboot and choose whatever the scanner worked in, but the scanned image would have been accessable to Vista, also. I know this is after the fact, but, for all them out there who are getting with the latest and NOT so greatest, f'rinstance, I have read that Vista takes some 3 minutes 40 seconds to boot, long enough to get a cup of coffee, AND drink it.

If MS Office trial has run out, DL Open Office, about 95 or more % compatible with MS Office. Even can read stuff MS Office can't. Oracle has made it available, I think. Nonetheless, openoffice.org should get you there. I think Oracle bought Corel, and I think Corel was trying to push Open Office.

Regardless, Open Office is freeware.

Cheers,

George

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

DT, one thing I see in the photo above is that the vertically-mounted terminal strip has corrosion on the tops of the screw heads.

Could possibly be a bad connection there...possibly remove each, wire brush or lightly sand and then reinstall.
    Much easier and quicker than all that wire brushing is to simply check connector to connector near where they are crimped to the wires with ohmmeter for resistance. Been there done that, they are fine....the rust is just on the center area of the screw heads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've got schematics for your Grove. I also have the service manual to perform checks and adjustments on the controller and tach card mounted to the controller. Tell me what you and I will scan, fax, or mail info to you. If you want schematics, I will have to copy then mail them to you because even the original schematic pages are hard to read in spots.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks moojibur....I may take you up on that. As it turns out, months later I still haven't got back to checking it out....so many projects...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

even the original schematic pages are hard to read in spots.
    That sounds about par for the course for Grove's manuals. Spend $350,000 for one of their cranes and you'll get manuals inferior to those you got with your last weed eater purchase. Wiring diagrams are always the best part of their manuals. They look like a 5th generation copy of a bad original. Unfortunately, a lot of their wiring looked just like the diagram too

Assuming J W Burress handles the Grove manlift line, if you need any parts that can't be sourced otherwise, then the best contact is their parts dept in Winston Salem. We haven't bought anything much in the last couple years, but when we were buying regularly we always dealt with a guy named Brian in their parts there. Good guy who knew the parts and made the effort to get what you need. Contacting any of their small branch offices just puts another layer of confusion in the mix, since they just call Winston and (hopefully) relay what you're asking for.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Connecticut
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have a 1996 grove manlift amz36e. the main controller overheats. any ideas?

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All the machinery makers are the same now......dealer has to subscribe to a continuous update service ,costs $10,000 a month min......so they arent keen to be havin free info online.............My experience of grove lifts is if it aint broke ,dont fix it,cos it will cost........but do have a long rope or rope ladder with you when you re up by yourself.............I get bits from TVH,.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is a reason that most companies that use these regularly rent them. They can be a electrical nightmare once they get some age on them.
    We’ve got an old Marklift and have pretty much bypassed all the safety switches to keep it going. Also, lots of the parts for older lifts are very expensive.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i used to have nightmares about these st****n things......how about two loaded on to a semi waiting to go to a jobsite 1000mile away,get a call at 3 am,the truck cant go because its heavy on the prime mover.......lifts have to be moved,one wont start.....try working on these stinkin things on a trailer 8 feet above ground....in the dark....the two lifts just been serviced by Grove so there will be no problems.......yeah right.