What's new
What's new

Help rigging mazak 200-3

true temper

Stainless
I help my crane buddy when he gets in a bind, he has to unload a Mazak 200-3. They said it weighs 26,000# we have enough crane 240 ton, just no experience how to rig it. We are oilfield crane experienced not CNC.
No big forklift available. Any help would be appreciated.
Will get photos one way or the other.

I help my crane buddy when he gets in a bind, he has to unload a Mazak 200-3. They said it weighs 26,000# we have enough crane 240 ton, just no experience how to rig it. We are oilfield crane experienced not CNC.
No big forklift available. Any help would be appreciated.
Will get photos one way or the other.

Contact Mazak support and ask for a rigging diagram. If it is anything like what came with my brand new Mazak VMC, it will be devoid of details. But will at least show you lifting points.

The machine is lifted at four points 1dealy with a spreader bar about 9' long. On the back of the machine there will be a lifting point at each end of the back ways. It is a boss for slings that is part of the casting. On the front of the machine along the bottom where the chip conveyor slides in there will be two spots on the casting for hocks to be bolted to the casting. These hooks come with the machine and are attached with 6 socket head machine screws. . These hooks are removed when the machine is in use with the chip conveyor but if this is a used machine hopefully they are still on a shelve somewhere. Some care is needed in the length of slings as the machine is heavy on the front side and also heaver on the left end when looking at it from the front.

We got it unloaded lift went perfect, no drama at all. But no photos WAY too sketchy, the safety police would have a fit. All is good.

All CNC machines I’ve seen do have provisions for overhead lifting, but it’s usually a pain, with different sling lengths and sheet metal in the way. It’s best to move them with forks, if you have a forklift available.

Back