What's new
What's new

How to access water pump on Cat TC100D propane, 10,000 lb. cap. forklift

Cannonmn

Stainless
Have Cat TC100D with possibly bad water pump, fan belt squeals and coolant leaks at various times, usually after shutdown. Don’t have manual so if u have page images u can send or whole manual pls advise. Water pump is inaccessible under counterweights so how do I disassemble to get in there?

Last edited:
Ordered a cy of the op/maintenance manual today, when it arrives on 27th, it should tell me how to remove the counterweight to get at the water pump. Mine is an interesting version of this model, it apparently came with extra-long forks and an additional counterweight about a foot high, under the propane tank. This is nice due to the extra handling capability, but a PITA when backing up, as the propane tank blocks a lot of rear-view. This added stuff is what causes the truck to weigh in at 14,500 lbs, vs the basic model which is about 12,500 lbs.

I don’t know that model but Cat V series typically just use 2 bolts from the top, nuts are between the radiator and the back of the cwt

Thanks. There are two of what look like allthread with nuts welded on top, so the nuts sit on the propane tank rack base. There are two unbossed holes vertically in the cwt where these allthread bolts would come out if they were longer. Maybe the cwt itself was threaded since no nuts appear. Hmmm.

The backs of my hands were always covered with nasty scabs......doctor claimed they were skincancers.......they were actually from tearing the skin working on forklifts.......since I retired ,the skin has healed up,and is smooth as a babys *****......

Thanks. There are two of what look like allthread with nuts welded on top, so the nuts sit on the propane tank rack base. There are two unbossed holes vertically in the cwt where these allthread bolts would come out if they were longer. Maybe the cwt itself was threaded since no nuts appear. Hmmm.

Hmmm is right, the bolts don’t carry any weight, just keep it from jumping off on a bump. If your Frame is threaded for the cwt bolts thats a new one to me. Not at all unusual at least on the bigger (container handling) machines to have those bolts stretched out beyond reuse.

Back