What's new
What's new

How much is a (new) bare bones single cab gas dually w/12 foot flat bed these days ?

My guess is well over 40k. A Ford F350 cab and chassis is $35k list, and flatbeds are always aftermarket. So you either buy the two yourself, and pay somebody to mount it, or you are at the mercy of a dealer who did it, and added whatever frosting they decided, and you pay what they decide to charge. https://www.fleet.ford.com/showroom/commercial-trucks/chassis-cab/2021/

I think its really hard to find a dodge 4500 cab and chassis thats not a diesel, and that means about 60k plus flatbed. I have found Dodge to be pretty crummy at finding "stripper" models- I asked once, about a basic package, and they told me that at that time, there were 5 on the entire West Coast, of of maybe 50,000 trucks available.

Chevys are more common with gas engines, but mostly the ones I see are in the mid 50k to 60k range, with a flatbed.

I was talking to someone the other day with a dodge 3500 with a 6.4l hemi gas.

As it was the "quad cab" with 6' bed, it was not dually.
He explained going to a 8' bed (quad cab or single cab) get's you the duallies.

He said the mileage is pretty good.

Found one local.... 50,000 bucks ! Silly "living in the past" me was thinking maybe 38K ! :dopeslap: Oh well, so much for that idea...

Platform Body Trucks Hardeeville, SC

Sounds about right. ("right" as in thats what they cost, not "right" as in thats what they should cost)
12' flatbeds are at least 4 or 5 grand, more if you get additional tool boxes and headache racks and stuff. A $38k truck is really more like 42 out the door, add 5 grand for the flat bed, plus installation costs, and you get to 50 pretty darn quick.

Unfortunately, the older I get, the more things cost more than I think they should. Pretty much everything.

My friend flew down to the Carolinas to a Dodge dealer who sells on ebay, bought two year old 'new' Cummins for best price he found, and they paid plane fare I think

Heard a blurb on the news a couple days ago that used truck prices had skyrocketed to something like $30K avg from $17K in the past year because of increased demand after COVID, chip-shortages and increased prices on new trucks.

Very true.

However, give it a little time, as there’s nothing like higher and higher fuel prices to squash fuel-thirsty truck prices.

Also, a lot of dipshits in America used their stimulus as down payments on a new/used truck they couldn’t afford. Soon enough, they will get behind on the payments, and there will be a nice selection of late-model used vehicles on the market.

Dunno about US,but here ally scrap is down ,down,and so the ally trays from smashed vehicles are selling very cheap.....an as new 8x6 ally tray for my pickup is around $200.....So get a new cab /chassis for 35k,add a used as new tray,and you are under youre target spend.The used tray is going to have lights,trailer plugs ,etc already attached.

Dunno about US,but here ally scrap is down ,down,and so the ally trays from smashed vehicles are selling very cheap.....an as new 8x6 ally tray for my pickup is around $200.....So get a new cab /chassis for 35k,add a used as new tray,and you are under youre target spend.The used tray is going to have lights,trailer plugs ,etc already attached.

They dont have trays in the USA. There is one company that makes them, they cost $10,000 each. I have never seen a used one- they might exist, but they sure wont be $200. A tray is a very australian thing. Used 8' flatbeds vary in price regionally, and are almost always steel here- but where I live, a used one is easly 2 grand, if it is not rusted out and has legal lighting.

And the OP wanted a 12' flatbed- which is more steel, more welding, and is unlikely to be under 3 or 4 grand. Plus, he likes things neat and tidy, and, if not new, looking like new. The really cheap ones are not going to be up to his cosmetic standards.

Bought my 03 single cab ram 3500 cummins dually 4x4 15 years ago for $17k with a few dents in it, and was just offered $20k a a few weeks ago, with the same dents still there...

Ive got a little Ford ,made in Thailand,and with the ally 8x6 tray* its legal with 1.3 tons load ......the ally tray is near indestructable........my previous Ford was Japanese,and often had a two ton bulker bag on it.......did bend the tray a bit,but nothing serious.....Did more damage to the fuel tank ,which would belly out going over the bund wall around the oil tanks......(*the ally trays do come with drop sides standard.)

I bought a brand new cab and chassis 550 9' rails last year. bare bones except diesel and heavy towing package doesn't even have cruise, does have air. 54000.00 if you find a gasser probably in the high 40s but that's going to be an special order that was messed up and is sitting on a dealers lot that they are trying to get rid of. but when 20 year old powerstrokes with 200000 miles are 17000 its time to start figuring what you need. if you step up into air brake semi, bobtail, you can get a truck for 6 to 10 thousand

I bought a brand new cab and chassis 550 9' rails last year. bare bones except diesel and heavy towing package doesn't even have cruise, does have air. 54000.00 if you find a gasser probably in the high 40s but that's going to be an special order that was messed up and is sitting on a dealers lot that they are trying to get rid of. but when 20 year old powerstrokes with 200000 miles are 17000 its time to start figuring what you need. if you step up into air brake semi, bobtail, you can get a truck for 6 to 10 thousand

Last August I rented a new Ford F550 XLT crewcab stakebed from Enterprise truck rental. I was the first person to rent it. Was pretty loaded: diesel, 4x4, AC, power windows + locks, nice entertainment system, center console. The dealer sticker was still on the truck, it was about $65K or $67K. I do not know if the stakebed and liftgate was included in this price.

spud im sure it wasn't, thats a 7 to 12 thousand dollar bed. that price sounds right about what I was quoted for anything with bells and whistles, forgot to say mine is 4x4. I looked for a used one, found one that was what I wanted, identical to what I purchased, but with a bed, under 80,000 miles for 38000.00 it was an 8 year old truck but it was the good engine and when it was brand new it was only 44,000 so 8 years and a 80,000 miles for 6000.00 dollars I think I will buy new. now other things I don't do it that way,I buy old and fix. drill rigs, wives car old junk, my runaround truck old junk, I look at the actual milage and yearly depreciation. for the use I use this truck for 15 to 20 cents per mile, Im willing to pay.

Back